Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Headlight washers missing

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
Bungie

Re: Headlight washers missing

Post by Bungie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Phoned local Sytner this morning although i think it was a central office number and explained that when i got back from a journey my headlight washers were missing. (not where i purchased the car from)
No questions asked and proceeded to book me in for replacements on Friday as this was the earliest time with courtesy car @ £15 a day :roll: anyway not convenient for me but in two days good so far.
I said can i pop the car over to you so you can see what parts are needed but he said they would need the car for a day :? so i re arranged the day to suit me which is now Tuesday 4th but no courtesy car available.
I said this is under warranty :evil: and reply was we need to check the strength of the screenwash and i stopped him there and then saying i purchased the car from BMW main dealers 3 weeks ago in the snow and ice with there screenwash still in there and his tone changed very quickly saying that will be no problem sir and our drivers will collect and re deliver your vehicle back to you on my date that i requested :D

So, your gonna have to wait till Tuesday for an update and regards the strength of the screewash they wanted to do is pointless cause you can just change it :lol:

Bungie

Post by Bungie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Under warranty as i new it would be :D Booked in for 3 weeks time when they get the parts :( Feel like getting 2x red noses and sticking them in the holes :rofl:

They said your screenwash is ok and it will be covered by BMW warranty but I knew that it was filled up after with neat stuff :lol:
It was there original wash in there anyway.

Either way this would have been covered under warranty in my situation because i would have given them the keys back just to see the look on there faces would have made my day.

Just gotta wait now.

StumpyPete

Post by StumpyPete » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:16 am

I've just had mine pop out which is really strange, given that the temperature here last night was about 10 degrees higher than the lowest a couple of weeks back. On the plus point I managed to find the bits on the drive. So it should be a matter of just refitting them - anyone know how to?? Is it a case of removing the inner wheelarch to get at it or is there a "trick" to making it happen? My E70 is out of warranty so want to minimise the cost.

Incidentally for those who want to know it is fuse number 26 in the front (under the glovebox) to disable them. Had to replace it a couple of weeks back! There should be a card tucked in beside the rear fuse box (behind right hand panel in boot) that shows you the positioning of the fuses.

StumpyPete

Post by StumpyPete » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm

[quote=""StumpyPete""]I've just had mine pop out which is really strange, given that the temperature here last night was about 10 degrees higher than the lowest a couple of weeks back. On the plus point I managed to find the bits on the drive. So it should be a matter of just refitting them - anyone know how to?? Is it a case of removing the inner wheelarch to get at it or is there a "trick" to making it happen? My E70 is out of warranty so want to minimise the cost.

Incidentally for those who want to know it is fuse number 26 in the front (under the glovebox) to disable them. Had to replace it a couple of weeks back! There should be a card tucked in beside the rear fuse box (behind right hand panel in boot) that shows you the positioning of the fuses.[/quote]

Solved me own problem using the following description across on a E90 forum:

"you need 2 pairs of pliers, at least one pair of long nose type, and some patience/dexterity!!!

1st put the rubber tubes inside the telescopes that are behind the bumper (by the way these were introduced by bmw to "absorb" some of the ice expansion)

2nd fit/clip the covers onto the telescopes (noting which side is which) tip 99% of the time "odd" part numbers are fitted to the n/s or passenger side in this country.

3rd with the 1st pair of pliers grab the end of the telescope, without crushing or damaging the end, and pull it out gently but firmly (the spring pressure is quite strong). When its out as far as it will go use the other set of pliers to grab the outside of the telescope tube (firmly enough to not let it go back in) then with you free hand (or assistant ) cilp the telescope (with trim attached) into it. When your sure its clipped in release the grip with the pliers and bob's your uncle!!!"

Bungie

Post by Bungie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm

[/quote] Incidentally for those who want to know it is fuse number 26 in the front (under the glovebox) to disable them. Had to replace it a couple of weeks back! There should be a card tucked in beside the rear fuse box (behind right hand panel in boot) that shows you the positioning of the fuses.[/quote]

Solved me own problem using the following description across on a E90 forum:

"you need 2 pairs of pliers, at least one pair of long nose type, and some patience/dexterity!!!

1st put the rubber tubes inside the telescopes that are behind the bumper (by the way these were introduced by bmw to "absorb" some of the ice expansion)

2nd fit/clip the covers onto the telescopes (noting which side is which) tip 99% of the time "odd" part numbers are fitted to the n/s or passenger side in this country.

3rd with the 1st pair of pliers grab the end of the telescope, without crushing or damaging the end, and pull it out gently but firmly (the spring pressure is quite strong). When its out as far as it will go use the other set of pliers to grab the outside of the telescope tube (firmly enough to not let it go back in) then with you free hand (or assistant ) cilp the telescope (with trim attached) into it. When your sure its clipped in release the grip with the pliers and bob's your uncle!!!"[/quote]

Well done :thumbsup: I can see everyone running to pull fuse 26 :rofl: You saved a packet there.