Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A 'hello' and a small rant

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
IceQueenX

A 'hello' and a small rant

Post by IceQueenX » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi guys and gals, I am a lady (30ish!) who had had my '64 plate X6 3.0d (Alpine White 20" black rims) for about three weeks now.
I have always lusted after one since they came out and when I was finally in the happy position to be able to buy one I went for it.
Really happy to find this forum and see I'm not the only one to love this curvy beast!
Anyway, I had to write to let off a bit of steam about some stuff that's been happening to p*** me off since I took ownership of the car. Other Car Drivers. Hate. Me.
Today I had someone in a Merc right up my bumper determined that I should let him pass. Day before it was a Golf Gti driver who was clearly spoiling for some kind of vehicular scrap!
Lots of other things, all quite insignificant in the grand scheme of things but its really starting to grate me. I drive considerately and never like a total douche, so what have I done to upset them? Before the X6 I drove an X5 and got the occasional hate for it but I've only had my 'albino bat mobile' for a few weeks. When I had my Audi S5 that got nothing but love.
Am I the only one who experiences this? Am I being paranoid? Is it cos I is a girl?

Phew. Sorry about that but seriously, I do worry about these bell-ends as their driving is so aggressive and I often have my little girl in the car.
Thanks for listening!
Sue  :)

Dr C

Re: A 'hello' and a small rant

Post by Dr C » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:09 pm

My missus gets that a lot in our X5 (she's 32), I put it down to jealousy. She manages to ignore it most of the time, unlike me who just flicks it into sport and floors it  :)) O:-)
Current:
F15 X5 M50d
Mark 7 VW Golf GTD

Dr C

Post by Dr C » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Oh, and welcome!

8)
Current:
F15 X5 M50d
Mark 7 VW Golf GTD

IceQueenX

Post by IceQueenX » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks Doc! I have been trying to ignore it but I'm the sensitive type, obviously! Either that or I'm being paranoid after reading various reviews and comments about the X6.

mark hamster 28

Post by mark hamster 28 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm

ok I will help you. I will straight swap you for my X5.  ::) ::)
::) X5 M Sport F15  3.0D M Sport  ::)

PREV-

New Model X1 Xline 2.0 D 2015
X 5 M Sport 3.0 D (E70) Only been gone 2 days but missed  :(
Ford Focus ST3
Audi A4 Cab Final Edition
Range Rover Sport HSE

sid10

Post by sid10 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:23 pm

hi get a camera in the back recording it then email it to the police that should stop the ....
  It often amazes me about how jealous people are when it comes to cars , you have made a great choice , try to enjoy it !

IceQueenX

Post by IceQueenX » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks for the kind offer Mark, but I think I may need to rise above it  :) 
Sid, that's a great idea, and because of that I  just bought a dash cam off ebay with a front and rear camera!
What is interesting is the psychology of people when they get behind the wheel. They are hard in their cars, but probably not so much out of them? How the car can be called ugly is a mystery to me though, I think it's a fine looking machine. Even though I have the smallest engine it really is smashing. Thinking of getting it remapped - does anyone have experience of this/thoughts?
Sue

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Hello and :hi:

As others have said, it's simple jealousy.  A quick flip of the paddle shifts and you'll leave them a distant trailing memory....

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:52 pm

I have to admit that I have seen the opposite effect.  I mentioned your post to the wife who says she has noticed the same in her new 5 series and has put it down to a women driving a BMW and also feels that as her car is white this stands out just like yours. 

You'll just have to learn to ignore the idiots and enjoy your car.

So, welcome to the site and congratulations on an excellent choice of car.  All we need now is a shed load of pics.........of the car!

Don

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:52 pm

my other half gets this in the range rover to the point some gypsy type tryed to run her off the road then laughed, she refuses to drive it now, i wouldnt care with my range rover half the jealous types have cars worth more anyway its just there too thick to realise cars depriciate so they can buy one for less than their euro/ korean shitbox
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:05 pm

[quote="IceQueenX"]

When I had my Audi S5 that got nothing but love.

[/quote]

This says it all !! (Check my sig)

Welcome aboard and if that is a true profile pic then I'll drop harassing IT barbie and start on you now as I too am still in my 30s.........
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

IceQueenX

Post by IceQueenX » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks all, please bear with my newbility and I'm not sure how to do this forum stuff yet! Also typing on an iPhone is fiddly diddly  :)
I will take a 'shedload' of pics then, I've just had him washed so should be quite nice; flies love this thing!
535dboy, yes, that is indeed me in the pic, couple of weeks ago and my roots are even worse now  :P
Really grateful for all the pep talk- bit of a first world problem I know: "Minor harassment  of luxury car drivers" but it was the danger aspect of it that was getting on my t***!
As Sid suggested, I've ordered a dash cam thingy to dissuade these plonkers.
Lovin the car, corners like a boss, and my favourite current driving song is 'Rocket' by Goldfrapp!
Sue  :)

IceQueenX

Post by IceQueenX » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 pm

Btw, who or what is I.T Barbie?  :blink:

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:50 pm

'IT Barbie is a 'who', Penny, ....she used to have an X5 but now has a 3 series convertible.  The boys teased her too, and got a clip round the ear.  Not many girls on here so let's just say that some members here see them as a 'challenge', same as they do those of us who drive 'Man Pink' X6's... :))

Richard
Last edited by X5Sport on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:04 pm

[quote="535dboy"]
[quote="IceQueenX"]

When I had my Audi S5 that got nothing but love.

[/quote]

This says it all !! (Check my sig)

Welcome aboard and if that is a true profile pic then I'll drop harassing IT barbie and start on you now as I too am still in my 30s.........
[/quote]

Still in your thirties sounds like you have been there a while and due to make a sharp exit soon!!