Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dealer service help

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
Bungie

Dealer service help

Post by Bungie » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Been away from here for a while, It was only me and a couple of others back then and haven't you been busy buying  :P

I need some advice please,

Ive always taken the car to a certain main dealer for whenever it was needed. This time for convenience I took it to another main dealer but the same group not for a service but something that needed doing..

Anyhow got a phone call can't remove the locking nuts because they have been over tightened and there going to have to break, remove and replace them, ok carry on i said it needs doing.

Got another phone call, there's an oil leak do you want us to look at it for you, Yes please needs doing.

Phone call, Hi, it's from your oil filter and needs replacing along with 3 litres of oil do you want us to do it, Yes please needs doing. I'm Fuming  :hmmm:

Anyhow, during the latter conversation I told them the car had a 33000 mile service £700 and 4 months ago and since done 2500 miles at there other group branch including brake fluid change and everything ticked good on there inspection sheet.

So I'm after a bit of advice on how to recoup the extra outlay as this will no doub't be big books.

1: On the brake fluid change do BMW remove the wheels or at least remove them to check pads etc on a service so I can argue the wheel nut scenario.

2: Engine oil service obviously the oil filter was changed 2500 miles ago on last service.

Any advice welcome please.

P,s cars ready and missus picking up tomoz. Told her the story and expect to be shocked when invoice comes out. She's cute and won't put up with any shit and Iv'e told her to be polite with this dealer but to also let them know the story and that it will be taken further.
Last edited by Bungie on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barney

Re: Dealer service help

Post by Barney » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Brake fluid change, yes wheels removed to bleed the brakes.

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:47 am

Fingers crossed you get the right result.  To coincidental that the oil filter is leaking and only done 2500 miles to be anything other than fitted wrong or substandard part when fitted.  Sounds to me that you should be getting this work carried out for free.

Don

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:09 pm

They can get to the bleed nipples from inside the wheel when up on a ramp.

Not been able to find a copy if the service manual on line so fat....

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.