Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New X6......maybe

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
Spike

New X6......maybe

Post by Spike » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 pm

I was in the dealership picking up my X6 which was in to have the steering column replaced and as is often the case when picking up at 5 pm there was a queue of customers at the service desk.

So rather than accept a coffee I thought I'd take a stroll around the show room. BIG MISTAKE as ten minutes later I was sat in a rather nice new 2015 X6 30d M sport receiving the usual sales patter from the nice man from the sales dept.

I am now seriously considering chopping in the old X6 in favour of a nice new (or nearly new) F15 and I have decided on an ideal spec but have the usual dilemma of colour and interior choice.My current car is black on black and I fancy a change. The showroom car is mineral white which actually looks good on the new model. I like white cars but the E71 in White never did it for me. That said the option I am consider after seeing it on a customer order car parked out the back is Space grey with ivory white/black leather. Now this sounds a bit bling but it actually looks really nice (should I be questioning my taste at this point?). I also like the brown cognac leather but Mrs spike isn't too keen.

What I would like to know is how well ivory stands up to day to day use. Does anyone else have Ivory and if so does it stay clean or absorb colour from clothing such as jeans? I don't mind spending a bit of time maintaining the seats but I don't want it to become too regular a thing.

Cheers

Spike

I would appreciate your thoughts.
Current: X6 40D Black on Black

f4780y

Re: New X6......maybe

Post by f4780y » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Ivory will definitely need to be maintained. There is no magic solution to completely blocking dye transfer, particularly from dark coloured jeans to "white" leather.

There are several coatings which can assist in making it easier. I'm personally a fan of Carpro Cquartz Leather & Vinyl Coat, but even then, you still need to maintain your seats on a fairly regular basis. The good news is (in that case) maintenance means a regular wipe down with a damp micro-fibre and not much more.

I'd love to have the guts to go for an all white setup. My local dealer also has a white X6 with ivory just in, which I saw when picking up my X4. It must be the current trend! Good luck with your decision!
F26 X4 xDrive35d M Sport N57 | Sophisto Grey Xirallic | Mocha Nevada with X Embossing | 20" 310Ms | Sports Plus Package | Media Package Professional | Adaptive LEDs | Harman Kardon | EDC | Driving Assistant Plus | Surround View | Speed Limit Display | HUD | Sunroof

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 am

... and good choice on the Space grey.
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

Spike

Post by Spike » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to ponder and see if I have the doofers to go Ivory!
Current: X6 40D Black on Black

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:47 am

An excellent colour combo both inside and out. The seats will get marked with jeans etc. but we used baby wipes on ours from time to time and they can up a treat and very easily.

Don