Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Badge replacement

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
snipez999
Snr Member
Snr Member

Badge replacement

Post by snipez999 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:37 am

Have a Hamann rear badge to fit. However it appears that the whole rear decal unit is one single piece, unlike the bonnet badge area. Anyone know if this is a simple pull off old unit then access the badge from there and push to refit or is it a non-starter? Thanks

Current: Bentley Continental GTC V8S
Previous: Aston Martin DB9; X6 M50d; X6 40d; 535d M Sport; 330d M Sport

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Badge replacement

Post by X5Sport » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:52 pm

I've had a look on Realoem and found sweet FA!! The badge is shown, and a quick look at the body panel section shows two holes in the lid where the rear badge would (might?) go, but nowhere does it show it fitted or how it's fitted. It might just be one big block as there's no badge carrier shown at all that I can find. At a guess it looks like you may have to take the interior trim off the lid and get at the mounting whatevers from inside the metalwork.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Badge replacement

Post by Rusty » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Are the badges not just stuck on with that very sticky double sided foam and aligned via a couple of locating spigots?

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

snipez999
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Badge replacement

Post by snipez999 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:58 pm

My bodyshop guy reckons it's a single piece or a sticker as opposed to a bonnet roundel pin affair. I don't fancy messing around with internal trim. Will see if I fancy sticking it on the bonnet instead (easy job with packing tape) once the Hamann spoilers are fitted end of next week. Can't wait.

Current: Bentley Continental GTC V8S
Previous: Aston Martin DB9; X6 M50d; X6 40d; 535d M Sport; 330d M Sport