Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Snow tyres err?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
Jalf

Re: Snow tyres err?

Post by Jalf » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 pm

I'd already been snow bombing, not a very nice photo location in the field though.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:37 pm

If you do plan changing the wheels, I can store them for you..

On mine..... :D

Hopefully going over to Winter Pirellis tomorrow on 19" rims. My 20" will be going to BMW for a while,
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Jalf

Post by Jalf » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:45 pm

I have my 19"s sitting in the garage waiting to go on but I'm not sure I need them, I'll see how things go on the monsters for the time being.

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Jalf, fantastic pics again mate :thumbsup: Liking the Star Wars At At too :cool:
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:38 pm

[quote=""Jalf""]I have my 19"s sitting in the garage waiting to go on but I'm not sure I need them, I'll see how things go on the monsters for the time being.[/quote]

Temperatures are on the way down again, and snow on the medium range forecast... :?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Got my Pirellis fitted and took the X up a fairly steep slope that looked like glass. She went up it with barely a wiggle even on the steepest section. Track is about 1/4 mile and varies between 1:20 and 1:10. The torque distribution display is way cool as you can see what is going on underneath you with the drive.

Came down the road usng HDC (or the 'Duck' as my wife calls it - well the symbol does kinda look like a duck I guess) and no problem at all. Others had been forced to abandon their vehicles at the bottom of the slope, and if I had been on the 20" summer tyres there is no way I would have got up there!

Very impressed, and very glad I bought the Pirellis now. Got some bags for storing the unused wheel sets off fleabay.
Last edited by X5Sport on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

millerman1ac

Post by millerman1ac » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:16 am

very very nice lookin machine...!
2004 4.4 Sport Black with Black

1998 Suzuki TL1000R, power commander, ART cans, K & N, TRE

Jalf

Post by Jalf » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:58 am

I'm going to get some winters for my 19s but I think the supply problems will make it after this snow now, its completely different already with the 19s on as the 21s have sport tyres and they have no idea what snow is :D miles better ride too :?

Heres my torque distribution display from christmas eve in the snow

ITBarbie

Snow tyres err?

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi

Like you I will probably have to wait until the great thaw has taken place before winter tyres. I wish you would stop posting pictures of your flash dash I find the fact that you are rubbing our noses in your beautiful car soooooo distasteful!! :-) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:58 pm

You may have to wait a little longer than that unless you have them already - there are extremely limited stocks and I read somewhere that one manufacturer can't resupply the UK until 2012!!

Hope you can get some though. My now scuffed X6 feels much less twitchy with them on. I agree with the dash though, it's like sitting in an aircraft at night. I have a speed camera unit as well so there's lights, numbers and data everywhere. Mind you I used to think the E53 was the same, and I keep my aircon at 20C! At 18C, t'other half would not even get in the car......................actually there may be a lesson there........... :P :D