Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Black car, what colour wheels

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
Mavster

Black car, what colour wheels

Post by Mavster » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:58 pm

I am thinking of changing the wheels colour on the X6. Currently wheels are glossy black Y spoke 214's. Other than the standard bright silver wheels, are there any colours that will look great with beautiful sapphire black that I should be considering?

I was thinking of shadow chrome ?
anyone have these on a black car?
Any other wheel colours that work with black would be great

I don't want wheels that look dirty even when they are clean... :)

Cheers

saudistevo

Re: Black car, what colour wheels

Post by saudistevo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Interesting thread on my part, coz I'm considering changing my wheel colour too. I have the standard silver colour and thinking of going down the gunmetal look (black car also).
Think shadow chrome will look very trick. You might have changed my mind for me. Pics if you do go down this route. Just my opinion (forwhatsitsworth) I'm not too keen on the black wheels on a black car look, but that's me. ::)

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi

You could go the ferric grey which bmw use on some of their cars, and I'm doing on a silver car we have to make the wheels stand out from the car

My black X5 had the 4.8 wheels slightly chrome finished not smoked chrome but similar, but now has silver ones instead.

But personal choice in the end
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

Finglonga

Post by Finglonga » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:23 am

I got mine powder coated satin black, didn't like keeping the glossy wheels clean. :))