Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parking sensors

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
Bungie

Parking sensors

Post by Bungie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Do These Freeze up causing audible alarm to be on all time.

Reversed off the drive ok and went on the xmas run. When i got to location i stuck it in reverse and the sound was constant. I had a look and coudnt see anything on the outside of the sensors so i just presumed they froze @ -5

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Parking sensors

Post by Sanj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Need to be dried out - the moisture may have got to them...
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Bungie

Post by Bungie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]Need to be dried out - the moisture may have got to them...[/quote]

I have read that somewhere, Was it you with the Hairdryer :roll: I will see what happens over the next couple of days.

Cheers

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Yes.. well the weather causes havoc with the hair in this weather!

No - others have said the hairdryer is best option and then some sort of repellent...
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:04 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]others have said the hairdryer is best option and then some sort of repellent...[/quote]

Certain members around here - not mentioning any names - appear to think being an E71 Owner is a form of repellent. :D :driving: :tumbleweed:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 pm

LOL! I for one would be in your gang- if only for more than the 4 seats...

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 am

[quote=""X5Sport""][quote=""Sanj""]others have said the hairdryer is best option and then some sort of repellent...[/quote]

Certain members around here - not mentioning any names - appear to think being an E71 Owner is a form of repellent. :D :driving: :tumbleweed:[/quote]

The lot of them are all dodgy if you ask me :poke: :poke: ....i'm not jealous or owt mind :evil:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 pm

[quote=""Bungie""]Do These Freeze up causing audible alarm to be on all time.

Reversed off the drive ok and went on the xmas run. When i got to location i stuck it in reverse and the sound was constant. I had a look and coudnt see anything on the outside of the sensors so i just presumed they froze @ -5[/quote]

I think that they do freeze over and the thin layer of ice makes them beep constantly.
If one is damaged/broke it would show up with a diagnostics check and would beep on and off.
I don't know what's up with mine though as they have been beeping constantly even in the warmer weather....there getting right on my :titshake: now :headbang: :evil:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Bungie

Post by Bungie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Everything back to normal after a night's sleep :-)