Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

hi guys & gals

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
bazzyboy

hi guys & gals

Post by bazzyboy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:58 am

great to see us up & running again

got myself the wide arch kit & side steps so will be tackling that soon with the help of pewters guide

also got a heated steering wheel to fit

also have the chance of a set of heated front seats was wondering how much trouble is in fitting them they come with the centre console switch but they also have a lumbar support on the side of the seat which my sports seats do not have are they worth the hassle do u think

cheers baz
Black 3.0d sport

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: hi guys & gals

Post by Turks » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 am

Good to see you back mate...

I thought that to fit the Heated Steering Wheel you had to have Front Heated Seats anyway?

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:10 am

Hi Baz welcome back to the site!

Heated steering wheel needs a relay, new steering slip ring - when you take the old one out you will see additional wiring for the heating element. If you have the additional wiring you should be OK.

Seats should just be a direct swap - the wiring loom usualy has the addditional wiring for the heated seats. The centre piece will also be ready to just sway out. Always worth the extra trouble! ;)
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Pewters

hi guys & gals

Post by Pewters » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 am

Hello there matey !!!

Hope my guide will help with the arches.......where the hell did you get a heated steering wheel coz I've been searching for months and months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 am

[quote=""Pewters""].where the hell did you get a heated steering wheel coz I've been searching for months and months?[/quote]
TART! Youv'e been spending too much time with the old man mate :P

BTW good to see ypu on here bazzyboy :thumbsup:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

bazzyboy

Post by bazzyboy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:04 am

my m8 works in bmw the heated wheel is from a right-off (lucky for me) also got the seats and switch gear from it

thanks for the reply sanj this will be a defo mod then will post pics when done

do u know if the lumbar support is just plug & play as well as my seats at the moment dont have this (its a circular switch to the front of the electric seat controls)

GREAT TO HAVE THE SITE BACK----the knowledge on here is great

cheers baz
Black 3.0d sport

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Bazzyboy, good to see you here :thumbsup: can't see why the lumber function should not work as soon as the seat is pluged into the main seat loom that also powers the motors for seat movement. A nice feature to have, however I seem to remember that Fenj on the old site had tp re poistion the inflatable lumber bag has he could never get it just right. Easy job IIRC, just remove the rear seat cover and all should be visable. Good luck either way.
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Baz,

You still got access to the write-off to get the relay and slip-ring?

Send me your email address on PM and I'll send you the PDF write-up on it. It#'s real easy! Hope you can get access to the other car!

Your biggest hurdle could be the year of the donor car compared to yours. Similar years could mean a better chance of the plug matching. I'm just not sure - still would try!

HTHs
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds