Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Rsgranduca

Post by Rsgranduca » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi there just new to site saved up and bought myself a 2007 x3 2.o d love the car done about 3 k since cherstmas have few problems hope some one can help as I'm running out of pationce.
Fuel economy has dropped was around low 30 s.    In the cold weather it went as low as 18 mpg ,iv changed both stats ,now running but won't go above 25.9 ,  Temp doesn't get higher Thant 87 deg ,, the clutch has also started make a noise just as u press pedal at the top drives perfect ,no noise when drivin  :) :)love the car but the miles are killing me any help greatly appretated thank matt

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Newbie

Post by graemeX5 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:07 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your probs with the X3 and I would have thought the change of the thermostats should get the car back to operating temp, even though in Scotland it's a hit colder.

It also worth checking the cars been serviced recently and oil water and cooleant level are all okay and that there are no warnings on dash display.

The fuel consumption seems low but if the car is doing short journeys it will struggle to get high mpg esp round town.  It may be worth getting the codes read on it via the OBD port, rather than guessing

If the car is now running at temperature and yet car feels sluggish an easy thing to do is giving it a good run for say 40 mins without stopping at a consistent speed so the car does a regen on the DPF filter in the exhaust to make sure that's clear as that will affect it how it runs and also the fuel consumption.

I know some have also had probs with the MAF sensor on the cars, but it's best to get the code read before just replaciing parts, and Jagr and Horizon will know more as they both have/had X3"'s

Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

Rsgranduca

Post by Rsgranduca » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks for reply no fault codes except heater plugs cars doing very short journeys so might give it a run at the weekend ,mpg stuck at 25.9 ,I run it and try that thanks

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:54 am

You will need to watch the DPF if only doing short journeys.  If you lose the plugs then it won’t regen and that gets expensive if it blocks.....north of £1k to fix unless you can get it off and cleaned.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.