Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Finally, after MUCH searching..

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Ducklakeview

Re: Finally, after MUCH searching..

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:37 pm

[quote="Digidick"]
Hi Mike it’s the same Digidick that had one of you’re Z4 exhausts a couple of months ago. 

Can I ask why you replaced the bushes?
I’m not sure mine is quite right up front, seems a little bit skittish over bumps and has a slight steering wobble when sharp braking at motorway speeds.

Keep us posted with your mods please Mike, I like to see other people’s ideas.

So far I’ve painted the chrome window trims black, the exhaust tips revblacked, removed mudflaps, fitted new rear tyres, full alignment and coded stuff with Carly.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

What have you coded? I did video in motion and also updated the maps to 2018 lifetime today. Map upgrade took 4hrs..On the upside, I now have the latest split screen which shows detailed junction turns.

Mike
2012 X5 40d - Loving it..
Z4 3.0 - With LOTS of mods  ::)
#TheZedShed

Ducklakeview

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:39 pm

[quote="Nictrix"]
[quote="Alan Gunn"]
Looking very nice.
First place i went when i got my x5 was the petrol station lol.
[/quote]
So did I and as every litre went in I was wondering when it was going to stop.
I was starting to panic and thought I had done the wrong thing buying it when it headed towards £90 as I came from a Mini and it was £35 to fill it.
[/quote]

I got 87L in mine at Costco, £109....

Mike
#TheZedShed

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:04 am

[quote="Ducklakeview"]
[quote="Digidick"]
Hi Mike it’s the same Digidick that had one of you’re Z4 exhausts a couple of months ago. 

Can I ask why you replaced the bushes?
I’m not sure mine is quite right up front, seems a little bit skittish over bumps and has a slight steering wobble when sharp braking at motorway speeds.

Keep us posted with your mods please Mike, I like to see other people’s ideas.

So far I’ve painted the chrome window trims black, the exhaust tips revblacked, removed mudflaps, fitted new rear tyres, full alignment and coded stuff with Carly.

Rich

[/quote]

What have you coded? I did video in motion and also updated the maps to 2018 lifetime today. Map upgrade took 4hrs..On the upside, I now have the latest split screen which shows detailed junction turns.

Mike
[/quote]

Where did you get the bushes from and what did you use to get the old ones out?

Where did you get your maps, would love that for mine?

I’ve coded the mirrors to fold on lock, video in motion, speedo lights on all the time, rear lights on with front DRL’s, alarm chirp on lock, indicators to flash lock/unlock.

Ducklakeview

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 am

If you feel movement of the front wheels of can hear a thud when you tap the brakes whilst moving slowly, the bushes are probably shot. Mine also wobbled under breaking, but all good now. I pressed them out in situ without removing the arms..

Mike
#TheZedShed