Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pan roof wind deflector

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Longjonty

Pan roof wind deflector

Post by Longjonty » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi All,

One of the arms on the wind deflector of my panoramic roof snapped when I was part way through a journey, only doing 40/ 45 mph at the time >:(

As you might guess the roof then refused to close, shunting forward a few inches when the roof switch was pushed forward, but stopping short and returning back to the open position.

I had no option, because of where I was, but to snap the other arm and remove what was left of the deflector and its curtain.

I could then close open and tilt the front section of the sunroof without any problems!

The only problem encountered was with the roof open there was buffeting noise / pressure fluctuation over about 30mph.

I guess this is what the deflector would stop when the roof is open.

However, dropping both back door windows by half an inch stopped the buffeting and pressure sensation even up to 70mph.

So I'm inclined not to replace the deflector, which would mean either a diy effort on my part or an expensive trip to my local stealer.

Has anybody else decided not to rep!ace their deflector after its been damaged?

Are there any drawbacks or problems further down the line.

All comments welcomed

John
E70 2012 xdrive30d 3.0 MSport Sapphire Black Beige leather 104000mls
Panoramic Sunroof, 333 20” alloys

Digidick

Re: Pan roof wind deflector

Post by Digidick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 pm

wrong section bruv.