Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just saying hi

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Machine monkey

Just saying hi

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi forum friends

A few of you may recognise the name avatar if you have ever been in the Z4 forum.

Well I may soon be the owner of a 3,0d x3 2005 about 130k miles. It’s my sister in laws car. I picked it out for her a few years ago. And well kind of fell in love with it while driving it home for her. She is going to changing cars at some point. And I have always wanted first dibs.

She hasn’t lived the car. So it will need some work full fluid change diff gearbox transfer case and any other bits that need doing. I will probably stop all the intake off and give it a good clean to. As I know it’s fine short trips.

The car will be my tow vehicle for the z4. I think I will probably lower the car a bit as I will never take it off road. And it’s seems to be a wobbly old hector compared to our Q5

marti

Re: Just saying hi

Post by marti » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 am

Welcome along :hi:

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Just saying hi

Post by graemeX5 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:10 am

Hi ad welcome

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Yes the X5 is probably a bi softer than the Aud, and part may be down to age and mileage but also it's probably got air suspension on the rear as well.

Graeme