Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New F25

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
sunnyb92

New F25

Post by sunnyb92 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi all - new to me 2014 LCI X3 2.0D SE auto.
Hopefully will find useful info here to ensure all is good!

NB Already problems with my Approved Used BMW (car is fine) dealer not so good.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New F25

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Hello and :hi:

Sad to hear of another Dealer not living up to the expectations AUC cars should deliver on. Some Dealers just won’t play, others see it as a cash cow and yet others are embarrassed by the facts that their pre-sales teams have messed up by not fully checking the quality of the cars they are selling. BMW GB know that there are issues but it takes major effort to get them to take note. That being said, in my experience it’s a common theme across the UK car market, regardless of make.

Glad the car seems to be OK though :D
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: New F25

Post by sapphireblack » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:37 pm

I remember well buying my AUC E53 from what is now Marshalls BMW in Fleet Hampshire, i forget what they were called. Much was made of the 100+ point check at the time which became laughable.
Everything was ultimately resolved at my local dealership but the inconvenience was never addressed.

What was Spire BMW, now part of Barons group, presented me with a fully UN-prepared AUC 6 series some years ago now. It was truly filthy, with sweet wrappers and crap all over the floor. The salesman was actually put out that i didn't want to drive it.

More recently in my search for an AUC X6 I encounterd a very badly smart repaired car, and another dealer who couldn't (wouldn't) retrieve a car from their compound as their (sole) driver had a few days off and the salesmen were all 'busy'.

AUC with warranty can be good, though not as good as it was when administered directly by BMW. Ultimately i bought my X6 from a non franchise dealer based on obvious criteria, history, mileage, owners , spec and age. So far, so good and the monetary saving over AUC prices is always available should I need it.

Not all are bad, my local dealership is very good with service needs, but I've never managed to buy a vehicle from them.