Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newish BMW X3 F25 owner

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Martingg

Newish BMW X3 F25 owner

Post by Martingg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:51 pm

After a difficult period of being the Owner of a Ford Edge (two and a half years) where the car spent a considerable amount of time in the dealer being fixed (new steering wheel, New air con compressors, new battery, New sun roof many visits to try to resolve heated screen not working when needed, car stalling when cold[automatic] and the list goes on. Got fed up and the Edge had to go. Speaking to my nephew who a BM enthusiast decided to give the X3 f25 a go with 3 Ltr diesel as from what is from what I could see a better engine than tithe 2 ltr. Would have brought the new X3 01 but after spending 40k on the Ford decided to go for a good spec used one to see how things go. So fat very pleased no issues this car has the HUD and that brilliant. The only thing I miss from the Edge is the comfort opening, but can retro fit that if I keep the car. The heated rear screen is a bit annoying as the outer 3 bars ore for dab radio. Just had it remapped and giving 35mpg around town plus a good power boost up to around 315bhp not that it was really needed.

StuBeeDoo

Re: Newish BMW X3 F25 owner

Post by StuBeeDoo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:12 pm

:hi:

I,too, have an F25 30d. Up to now it's the best choice of car I ever made.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)