Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Collected my new car, and its very green!

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
MarkX50

Collected my new car, and its very green!

Post by MarkX50 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:01 am

Thanks for all your help pre- purchase. I actually collected It yesterday and it’s amazing, be it with a few teething issues - but all in all I am a very happy guy!

I have spent quite sometime searching the forums and got some answers but not all so I hoped you could advise me:

- boot catch noise. I need the new spring mounts but can’t find the part code or a good place to buy them.
- the boot shuts with a right thump. Is this “normal” or have you found an upgraded piston? Oh, and the front doors. Had one of these when they were new and don’t recall it being like that, but age, new car and tech might have softened me!
- it has an aftermarket Android stereo / operating system which I am still getting used to. Not sure it will stay long so do you have a suggested upgrade. It’s actually not bad, but I’m out of my league with it eg it’s runs a programme called I-bus and I can not fathom how to get the parking sensors to sense!
- finally, some of the paint in the door shuts and boot shut has come off. It’s not rubber, hasn’t been crashed so maybe the old paint is just not that great. Not a biggy, but interesting all the same.

Apologies if this is in the wrong area, but I do appreciate your thoughts all the same!

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Collected my new car, and its very green!

Post by henrym3 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:03 pm

The boot struts I would recommend you look on SGS engineering website, they do real good quality struts and not expensive. The paint missing from the door shuts and bonnet area seems to be a trait of these vehicles at the age they are at now

MarkX50

Re: Collected my new car, and its very green!

Post by MarkX50 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Thanks Henry, will have a look at the struts. Appreciate your suggestion!