Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Thinking of getting a G01 x3

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Prital

Thinking of getting a G01 x3

Post by Prital » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:16 am

Hi Guys,

Thinking of trading in my Rattle-Rover discovery sport back to the BMW family. I used to have E46s and was quite happy until I bought my squeak rover. It drives me up the wall.

I have read about Pano-sunroof rattles on the x3. I have an option for the basic X3 with no sunroof but it’s basic.

The sunroof rattle....Does this drive most up the wall? Does every x3 have it?

Any other problems on this car to consider?

Many thanks for all your replies in advance.

StuBeeDoo

Re: Thinking of getting a G01 x3

Post by StuBeeDoo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:55 am

This isn't G01-specific, but...........

When I was looking for an F25 one of my must-haves was a sunroof. I ended-up buying a car without the sunroof and having a Webasto aftermarket 'roof fitted. While I was in discussions with the fitter, he mentioned that panoramic roofs are often troublesome. When I went to collect my car after the 'roof was fitted, they had a nearly new Mini in for repair/rectification to its pano-roof.

Unfortunately the pictures are now lost to the ether, but you can read the comments from people who have seen them here.

I am happy with the Webasto, although there is a small amount of wind noise when it's closed.

HTH
Stuart
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

Osprey2

Re: Thinking of getting a G01 x3

Post by Osprey2 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:43 am

Hi Stu,

we have the pan roof on our F25 and it's great. There is some extra road noise when the screen is fully retracted, but when on tilt, there is hardly any extra noise and no wind intrusion. It's great for when the pooch stays in the car for 10 mins and makes the interior much lighter when open. When fully closed, the roof is, IMHO just like a solid roof. I'll be getting one in future cars :) :cpilot: