Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Greetings to all, newbie looking to take the plunge into e70 x5 ownership

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Steve brown

Greetings to all, newbie looking to take the plunge into e70 x5 ownership

Post by Steve brown » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:03 am

:D so I'm torn between..2007 se x5 showroom type or a 2013 ex police model.
My questions are.. Will a heated seat control panel and leather interior be a plug and play or is the loom for this missing in ex police cars ?
What are the advantages or disadvantages on a ex police, Mrs loves white x5s and our budget won't stretch to a 'normal'white model.
Thanks for any advice you all can give
Steve ,Cheshire based

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Greetings to all, newbie looking to take the plunge into e70 x5 ownership

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:15 am

I'd wager you'll struggle to ascertain what specification police versions are built to. Often wiring looms have many tied back unused connections but it doesnt stop/start there, relays and fuses need to be identified and possibly more. Police vehicles are supposedly well maintained but do live a hard life.

As you would be buying a car then a full interior thats a big gamble imo and not one i'd contemplate. But then i'm not a gambler :)

If white is really that important, buy a regular car with the spec you are happy with and have it wrapped. There was a very nice white E70 for sale here :wink:

marti

Re: Greetings to all, newbie looking to take the plunge into e70 x5 ownership

Post by marti » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:26 am

Agree with Blacksapphire on the police vehicle....I would go for the 'e' as Ive had many and an 'f', the 'e' is a far better built car in my opinion and less problematic from my experience and from what Ive read on the net.