Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aspiring X5 owner from S Yorks

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
bobgolden

Aspiring X5 owner from S Yorks

Post by bobgolden » Sun May 11, 2014 12:46 am

Hi all,

I'm another defecting Discovery 4 owner joining the ranks of the F15 X5 club.  No news on build date yet but will update the forum in due course.

Bob.
X5 xDrive 30D M Sport (F15)

bobgolden

Re: Aspiring X5 owner from S Yorks

Post by bobgolden » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:02 pm

After 4.5 years of X5 ownership, I’m leaving it all behind in favour of Suzuki Vitara.

The X5 has been pretty trouble free but the hassle of having to negotiate the dealer network has been a real pain that’s compounded by the need for winter tyres, so I get to run the gauntlet of calls not being returned an extra couple of times a year.

In reality, it hardly gets used having only done 14.5k from new and is sitting there depreciating in my garage while I fool around in an MX-5 :driving:

I managed to swap the BMW for a brand new Vitara and get cash back so it’s a win all round. Of course, the Vitara will depreciate just as much but at least the total financial hit is around half of the X5 plus it can run of all season tyres without too much of a performance penalty.

Anyway, seasons greetings to all and good luck.

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Good luck with the Vitara, will be interested to hear how you go on with it, we are about 4 years behind you after just swapping a 2016 Discovery Landmark with its new engine as fitted by LR after the original engine catastrophically failed at just over twenty thousand miles!
Completely lost faith in LR on what should have been a great vehicle, so it’s been traded in for an almost new X5, it’s a fantastic car so far, with the dealer being very helpful, also bought and had fitted a set of winter wheels as part of the package, just in case

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:06 am

Good luck with the Vitara and sounds like a sensible move esp as the X5 wasn't being used a lot.

Keep us posted on how you are getting in with it.

Graeme