Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Returning to the BMW fold.

Non BMW X-Series related discussion
Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Returning to the BMW fold.

Post by Horizon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Well after swapping my 55 plate E53 3.0 d Sport for a 2010 plate Golf GT 140 TD in Nov 2013 , I have today left a deposit on a 58 plate BMW 335i Msport saloon in Colorado blue metallic.
We travelled the 1 hour journey to Leeds to be there for 9am.
I was looking forward to a test drive and checking over my next proposed car, wondering if it would be a good idea to go back to a petrol powered Beemer. I've previously had several petrols before I got my first privately bought diesel, which was the X5.
I sat in the car along with the wife trying to remember how to control the IDrive, pathetic really as I had the IDrive in my E60 530i that I chopped in for the X5.
When the Salesman started the car up to move it outside for our test drive I stood at the back of the car to look for tell tale blue smoke, all was well I thought, then as he pulled away slowly we could hear a slight rattle from the  near side exhaust backbox. Once outside the noise wasn't noticeable, as I've had a bad cat do the same on my old 840 Ci.
I made myself comfortable in the drivers seat, and pulled out into traffic, headed for the M621, once clear of the 50 mph limit on the slip road I pulled into the outside lane and opened the taps. WOW
Last edited by Horizon on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv