Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mercedes E -Class 59 plate

Non BMW X-Series related discussion
Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Mercedes E -Class 59 plate

Post by Sanj » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks mate,

All a bit raw as you say, for the minute. And certainly considered the potential repeat incident issue. But at the mo, been gone a day and Police say they recover a number of vehicles. Just not holding much hope personally... Such a pro job.

You may get a PM buddy, just watching over wifey and extended family at the minute. Hope FIL gets over it quickly. MIL freaked by intrusion into house, so both are suffering at the mo. :thumbsdown:

Will see him Saturday to try and offer some comfort.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:34 pm

;)
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

5hep

Post by 5hep » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Not good news at all Sanj

Nothing worse than someone in your personal space :x

Let me know if he wants another one as I can get details off my brother regarding the deal he had on his merc.
Faded Carbon Black'ish 3.0d Exclusive / Abarth 500 Esseesse

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Holy Sh!t. What a real shame for everyone, especially the family. Glad no one is hurt but................ Some people are just jealous of what others have so they nick it. If it has a tracking device then you may be lucky, a mate of mine got his Scooby back after Forensics had finished with it, but it was found withing three hours in a lockup. His house was also broken into and the keys nicked

Leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth too. We couldn't believe it when someone just stole the complete front bumper assembly of HRH's E46 - never heard a thing and it was 3 foot from our front door and we were in!! It's the violation of personal space and items that it the worst part I think.

From your description it sounds like a pro job and stolen to order and they've left no trace? Real sorry to here this man - gutted.

Let's just say we upped our security following the incident and leave it at that.............
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Mercedes E -Class 59 plate

Post by Rusty » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:14 pm

OMG Sanj, gutted for you all.

That has got to be one of our worst fears especially with 3 kids in house, but must have been just awful none the less. My thoughts are with you.
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Cheers chaps - not mine thankfully but almost (as it was my father-in-laws) bought back in late September.

Think I'll ask him to get a cr@p car next and a ruddy big dog!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:28 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]

Think I'll ask him to get a cr@p car next and a ruddy big dog![/quote]

You selling your car to him then? :o

Sorry - could not resist.

Serious now, once I had been burgled a few years back it felt very horrible that your space has been violated. For months I was moving stuff around into lofts etc whenever I would be away for a few days. I heavily invested into security stuff after that which actually caught the next would be burglar.

Having CCTV equipment also gives a sense that you at least know what is going on, might be worth looking into that.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:39 pm

So sorry to hear this Sanj, :thumbsdown: there's been a spate of similar thefts - over on the Audi forum, a chap had his non-functional A8 stolen on a low loader and thieves hit his family again and stole a BMW E46 just a few days ago, similar situation - everyone home, kids there etc, broke in while family were home, stole keys and then the car. I second the CCTV.......from experience, do something like that, its quite cheap these days.
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi Mate,
Very sorry to hear the news, hope all will be well with the in laws , and your wife.
Best wishes,
Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 pm

You already know my feelings on this one fella........Bas@{>ds.Just glad it was only possessions taken and not worse ;) give my best to mrs Sanj and the outlaws matey.
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Minda

Post by Minda » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 am

Morning mate very sorry to hear the bad news, atleast no one was hurt, well thats what insurance is for let them take care, no doubt they will replace the car.
Best wishis and hope everyone involved is feeing a little better a few days on :)
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:05 am

Thats terrible news mate and i'm sure that the FIL is still in shock. I would love to catch someone at this game, makes me livid that people have the cheek to invade others privacy and space to steal.

As others have said, this isn't opportunists taking a car with the keys in the ignition. Its a job done to order more than likely. Depending on how good they are, I have known of cars being stolen and then left in a car park for a few days locked up... this way if there is a tracker fitted then it will be discovered easily, if not then they will know in a couple of days when they return and it is still there!

I truly hope that they find these people and rob them of their ass virginity!

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:55 am

Yes same as I thought Turks and not uncommon action of people stealing this type of car. The other point to make is that while Sanj's FIL car may not have a Tracker, I would doubt it was the only car stolen by these scumb and as such the other cars may have Trackers and lead the police to them. Whether FIL wants his back is another matter.

@Sanj - Hope your family are all well mate, this really is a $h!tty thing to happen to them, my thoughts are with them :thumbsup:
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Small blessing is that they did indeed just picked up the keys rather then have to come upstairs to "ask" for them. This type of burglar who goes out of their way to break in and get the keys is unlikely just going to walk away if they can't find them.

Hope the MIL and FIL are being a bit more comfortable at the moment as the shock is not nice.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Its one thing I really love about having two large Dobermans... while I am away working especially and the missus in the house on her own. People think twice about walking on the same side of the street as me and the two dogs sometimes! Sadly though I think i'm going to have to rehome them soon or one at least :cry:

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black