Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New toy!

Non BMW X-Series related discussion
ITBarbie

New toy!

Post by ITBarbie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi

Sorry the pics not taken in the archetypal park or gravel drive but too busy at work in London paying for it :-)

Picked her up on Friday from Park Lane BMW and didn't get home until nightfall. 2 x 12 hour shifts later and not really had chance to play but I'd like to throw a query out there.

It's a 320d msport E93 and has enhanced Bluetooth and professional NAV. Why is it that when I've paired my iPhone 4s I can't stream music via Bluetooth as the musical note emblem is greyed out? Tried sons android and that's fine.  It's either BMW wanting to squeeze more money from me or they haven't struck a deal with apple.  Can you advise if I need something else to enable wireless iphone streaming? I've got other specifics if that helps. Dealer reckons it all used to work but if my car had the new BMW software upgrade it buggers it up. Views welcome.

It's also got diamond cut 19inch wheels on RF's so do I work harder and pay BMW to insure them or fly by the seat of my thong?

ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by ITBarbie on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

ITBarbie

Re: New toy!

Post by ITBarbie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Btw private plate on retention and will get it back soon  so not too fussed re reg so ignore!
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Beauty (the car of course  8))
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Very nice Penny.  If you haven't got one, you might want the anti draft device to keep your neck warm and blonde curls under control with the lid down.. :)

Richard
Last edited by X5Sport on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Looking good ;) as for the Bluetooth,  BMW will tell you that the phone is not compatible with the car.  Sounds like a cop out to me.  I have an iPhone 5 and it's hit or miss whether the music will Bluetooth on any particular journey.

Don

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:11 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Very nice Penny.  If you haven't got one, you might want the anti draft device to keep your neck warm and blonde curls under control with the lid down.. :)

Richard
[/quote]

Hi Richard

Do you mean the wind deflector? If so I was considering it but does it really make that much difference?

Penny
MODS

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:12 pm

[quote="Don Coffey"]
Looking good ;) as for the Bluetooth,  BMW will tell you that the phone is not compatible with the car.  Sounds like a cop out to me.  I have an iPhone 5 and it's hit or miss whether the music will Bluetooth on any particular journey.

Don
[/quote]

Oh dear Don that doesn't sound too good.  Must be something to do with the fact I haven't sold the kids to get some compatible cable or something? Like I said works beautifully with an S4 and HTC ONE :-(
MODS

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:29 pm

[quote="ITBarbie"]

[quote="X5Sport"]

Richard
[/quote]

Hi Richard

Do you mean the wind deflector? If so I was considering it but does it really make that much difference?

Penny
[/quote]

Yes that's the beastie......I couldn't remember what it was actually called. :doh:

It certainly does on our E46 and is left in the car all the time unless the hard top is fitted (you don't have that issue).  Bonnie is only 5'2" so she is behind the screen, but she notices the swirl on her neck.  Me being 6'4" I need all the help I can get...

The only thing we both objected to was the obscene OEM price!  It was over £200 when we bought ours.  The fact it comes in a nice little storage bag did not justify the price though!  There are probably a few out there second hand these days.

Bonnie also said it makes a useful screen for things on the back seat as no one can reach in a grab things at the lights for example.

Richard

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Yep there's quite a few on eBay £100+ ish.  Stealer nearly £400.  As nanna Tate would say what a f*#$#ng liberty! Lol.  That will be the second purchase as I want that smart top module first as having to stop car to put the roof down is sooo yesterday dharling :-)
MODS

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Good grief!  £400!  That's taking the urea!

And even the E46 can have the roof closed whilst moving - albeit at a crawling pace.

Your third mod can be bigger discs......they look tiny with those wheels :blink:  :))

Richard
Last edited by X5Sport on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Wow, £400. Mine was £150 for my M.

I fitted a roof module on mine as the stopping is really a pain.

911 50th anniversary -

snipez999
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by snipez999 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:39 pm

1.  If you have iPod integration and 30 pin Apple cable already, then you need a Tune2Air device.  http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomItem_ ... dShowID=15

2.  Are you showing us nice close ups of the wheels 'before'; with a set to follow of 'after' [a few kerb collisions]?!!?
LOLOL

Current: Bentley Continental GTC V8S
Previous: Aston Martin DB9; X6 M50d; X6 40d; 535d M Sport; 330d M Sport

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 am

Thanks for the tips guys.  I'm going to have a play with it today as I'm off work :-) i really hope I don't bugger the wheels as I'm trying to be so careful
MODS

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 pm

Very nice Penny - the car of course!  :o
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:09 pm

[quote="ITBarbie"]
  I'm going to have a play with it today as I'm off work :-)
[/quote]

Groan - you will have 535dboy all over this statement shortly.  O:-)

911 50th anniversary -