Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Following in PVR's footsteps

Non BMW X-Series related discussion
graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Following in PVR's footsteps

Post by graemeX5 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Well now I'm following in PVR's footsteps having gone down the fiat route.

After 3 years of ownership with my Smart car which has been used for travelling to work and after the last year being very problematical to say the least and expensive, with the car at the car garage for repair for 3 months due to ecu probs I decided to get something newer. I started looking at newer Smart cars and spotted a few, but held off probably due to my recent bad experiences with my old Smart.

Then my wife was out at the local fiat dealer to sort out my mother in laws key for her fiat before continuing on to their shopping trip. Whilst at the dealers my wife spotted a mint choc green fiat which she liked immensely. Since she had mentioned this several times during the week we decided on the Sunday to give my X5 a run and went to see this car she had liked so much.

Well, as we men do I spent 5 minutes with her looking at a car for her and the I spotted several Fiat Abarths which took my eye, possibly because they weren't mint choc green. That was my head had been turned and a few questions later we had ruled out the pearlescent white one and the plain white one and focused in on a Red one, which was also an auto which would fit my needs. A few more questions and now with the keys and the car open for inspection, myself and my wife looked the car over and thought the car was in nice condition, even though it had only come in to the dealer that morning, and had some battle scars on the wheels to prove it but the tyres were unmarked and more importantly so was the bodywork. So I guess it's worth seeing your car before it's all tidied up by the dealer it tells you how the previous owner looked after it or not.

So we decided to buy it and agreed to trade in the smart car which had been so problematic against it, so I put a deposit down. Then 3 weeks later at the beginning of July we picked up our red fiat. So far very pleased with the car and it turns heads and its great fun to drive and would recommend one to anyone. :thumbsup: If I master it I will even post a picture up.

PS I still need to resolve the question of a new car for my wife and that will undoubtedly be another story which is taking shape even as I type this post. They say good things come to those who wait so we shall see.
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Following in PVR's footsteps

Post by pvr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Nice one  :)

Don't insult it by saying it is a Fiat, it is an Abarth  :))  It is made in the same factory as Ferrari (and Ford Ka), that sounds much better  :))

And yes,  :camera:
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Yes I kept saying at working I was getting a Ferrari and told I was misled bug I said it was red and Italian and that must mean it was a Ferrari.

A fried of mine at work said I was having him on so I sent him a picture ofre Ferrari California convertible, my brother in laws old car, which made him more suspicious of my accounting at work!

Anyhow I agree the Abarth is a cracking car and definitely better than the smart, and so much fun to drive.
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 pm

I'm sorry for your loss!!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm

[quote="535dboy"]
[/quote]

I know you had a Smart as well, but you have to learn to live with the loss of it now  :))
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 pm

[quote="pvr"]
[quote="535dboy"]
[/quote]

I know you had a Smart as well, but you have to learn to live with the loss of it now  :))
[/quote]

New one in autocar this week

So much more than an over priced panda !!!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport