Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

4.8is 2005 Le Mans for sale.......spares / repairs

You can sell anything in here, Cars, BMW X-Series related items. Please set a price for your item, don't just ask for offers.
CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

4.8is 2005 Le Mans for sale.......spares / repairs

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 pm

I posted about the 4.8is tragedy in the E53 subforum.
Here are the details of the car: Please read carefully.

I have owned the car for the past 10 years and it has been maintained under an extended BMW warranty which I posted about many times on here - more or less everything which could be replaced, has been - electrically and electronically it is in excellent order, the TV tuner is a hybrid and works, BT unit was replaced by BMW as was the satnav (twice) and the radio unit and the Amplifier. The steering rack and alternator were also replaced under warranty as well as the pano roof cassette, and a load of other work, too. The gear box is smooth - fluids were changed at about 80k miles by BMW as they replaced an oil seal under the warranty. Parking sensors all work, and the all round air suspension was also all replaced under warranty - plus I had the front airbags replaced in the past 2 years.

Car has done 138k miles. Le Mans Blue, body work generally good, usual scuff and scrapes here and there (15 year old car) .Never been in an accident of which I am aware.

Interior is in very good order indeed - no rips or tears to the black nappa seats, the rear seats have had no use at all. Front and rear seats are heated, and climate control to front and rear. Air con runs icy cold.

plus the car has a rare, highly desirable Thermotop Parking heater - loved this in the winter! And miss it on my E70!!

Tyres currently on are winters and are virtually new, covered under 1000 miles, around 7mm tread left, even wear - wheels are BMW 18". alloys. The original 20" alloys are available separately for sale - no tyres on them at present.

Full BMW service history, V5, 2 keys, owners manuals all present.

The problem occurred 2 weeks ago - coolant hose expired on the motorway and dumped all the coolant on the road, after recovery things looked not too bad and a new water pump and expansion tank were fitted, repairs of £500 to date when I stopped - there is still a coolant leak unfortunately, with more engine work needed, beyond what I can manage .

The car starts and runs and drives - MOT very recent, expires July 2020. But due to the coolant leak, really should not be driven any distance beyond a mile or two, and is best trailered away.

I need it off the driveway very quickly as I have an old Volvo XC90 arriving to replace her on the weekend..............looking for offers in the region of £1900.

I will try to post up some photos later today.

Contact me by PM to swop phone numbers if you want to discuss a quick sale.

coops

Re: 4.8is 2005 Le Mans for sale.......spares / repairs

Post by coops » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:45 pm

PM’d !

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:19 pm

I really hope she is yours soon, coops........lots of info wingin' its way via email etc. :D

shanebrk

Post by shanebrk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Do you have a picture of the wheels you’re selling?

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:54 am

Good luck with the sale Condor... I remember buying mine at a very similar time to you and have only just sold it back in July. Like you I kept the BMW Warranty going and had loads of work done under this. Great car.

You should have no problem selling - that price is incredible value.

Turks.