Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth handsfree

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
Mauri

Bluetooth handsfree

Post by Mauri » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Any recommendations on product/installing Bluetooth handsfree that will be compatible with steering wheel buttons on x1 e84 2011? I have the BMW professional hu without nav/idrive. Thanks.

Mauri

Re: Bluetooth handsfree

Post by Mauri » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:53 pm

After a bit more research I found that with parrot handsfree systems you can purchase the parrot unika module that enables the steering wheel functionality to be enabled on the BMW x1 (and others)

I would also need a sot 976 fully populated cable.

Another alternative to parrot is the io play system but I'm awaiting confirmation from the manufacturer ( armour autos ) with respect to compatible cabling for the x1 steering wheel buttons.

Cyruskint

Re: Bluetooth handsfree

Post by Cyruskint » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:08 pm

I have a Parrot mki9000 from a previous car, have purchased a fully-wired SOT cable and hope to install myself. I don't know (as I didn't ask) whether calls will be possible via the steering wheel controls, but not too bothered if they aren't. I have the Prof radio set-up without iDrive also.