Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Views on new X1 wheel sizes?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
DavidUK

Re: Views on new X1 wheel sizes?

Post by DavidUK » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Paid a deposit on the brand new X1 today.

Identical to...

...apart from matt aluminium roof rails.

Collect next week. "Crazy" wheels are growing on me. Mineral White, just had to be!

Just transferred my wife's private plate off and it was instant! That's improved since last November when I did mine.

She's gobsmacked - her first brand new car!  :)

mark hamster 28

Post by mark hamster 28 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Enjoy, she will love it. TOP TIP, when getting your tour on how things work when you pick up, pat attention to how it self parks..! Had mine do it once so far and still not sure what i'm doing lol. Also if you keeping it for a few years, get the 5 year service plan. Maybe only 2 services going to be done but at £475 which i paid seemed good value.
::) X5 M Sport F15  3.0D M Sport  ::)

PREV-

New Model X1 Xline 2.0 D 2015
X 5 M Sport 3.0 D (E70) Only been gone 2 days but missed  :(
Ford Focus ST3
Audi A4 Cab Final Edition
Range Rover Sport HSE

DavidUK

Post by DavidUK » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:05 pm

mark hamster 28

Post by mark hamster 28 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:36 pm

seem them before but i still find it dont always work like on there...sure its me thou tbh  O:-)
::) X5 M Sport F15  3.0D M Sport  ::)

PREV-

New Model X1 Xline 2.0 D 2015
X 5 M Sport 3.0 D (E70) Only been gone 2 days but missed  :(
Ford Focus ST3
Audi A4 Cab Final Edition
Range Rover Sport HSE

allforus

Post by allforus » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi like you say the 19 s kill the ride had one for a week when mine was off the road and was pleased to get mine back love the X1 think its a great car and has loads of room

The only bad thing about it is the the way the tick over effects the way when you let your foot off the brake you don't have to push the accelerator and it takes off unlike the x5 where you have to push the accelerator

Bit of a niggle but the car is still great
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d

DavidUK

Post by DavidUK » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:29 am

[quote="allforus"]
Hi like you say the 19 s kill the ride had one for a week when mine was off the road and was pleased to get mine back love the X1 think its a great car and has loads of room

The only bad thing about it is the the way the tick over effects the way when you let your foot off the brake you don't have to push the accelerator and it takes off unlike the x5 where you have to push the accelerator

Bit of a niggle but the car is still great
[/quote]
Is yours a new X1 with 18" wheels and non-runflats?

Can't say I noticed anything odd about the "taking off" on the three I've driven, but isn't that the same in all autos? Or are you talking about some kind of "HOLD" feature on another make/model?

My E-Class used to have a hold function which operated on level or sloping ground. You brake, then push the pedal firmly again until "HOLD" appears in the dash. The car is held for as long as you like until you simply apply gas.

My Porsche has auto hold which is similar to the above but is applied automatically. When an upwards slope threatens to override the car's natural forward movement (PDK auto) the brake is applied so it doesn't roll backwards. Again, simply drive off. Other than that, it will roll forward from a standstill on level ground when the foot brake is released. At a stop, the electric handbrake can be applied and this, like the Merc, will hold the car forever until you simply press the gas pedal. Good for quick getaways.

This differs from the X1 (apart from the last mentioned feature):

Drive-off assistant
The system provides support when driving off on upward inclines. It is not necessary to use the parking brake for this.
1. Hold the vehicle in place by pressing the foot brake.
2. Release the foot brake and drive off with‐ out delay.
The vehicle is held for approximately 2 sec‐ onds after the foot brake has been released.
The possible holding duration is 2 minutes, given corresponding equipment.
Depending on the vehicle's load or when tow‐ ing a trailer, the vehicle may roll backwards a little.

I recall test driving a 2014 Z4 a few years ago. Stopped at lights, I applied the electric handbrake. Lights went green, I pressed the gas pedal and was stuck fats. Eventually worked out I had to press the brake pedal to release the parking brake, then press the gas in turn. Not going to win any traffic light grand prix in one of those eh?!
Last edited by DavidUK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

allforus

Post by allforus » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi mine is the new X1 with none runflats
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d