Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

remote control ( key )

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
sapper

remote control ( key )

Post by sapper » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:55 pm

I alternate the use of my remote every couple of months to keep the batteries charged. This morning my spare would not unlock the car door but after using the other remote to get in it started the car engine and now it works ok.has anyone any idea what went wrong. Also I've noticed that the sat nav screen colour changes when I use  a different remote ?.

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: remote control ( key )

Post by Horizon » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:34 pm

[quote="sapper"]
I alternate the use of my remote every couple of months to keep the batteries charged. This morning my spare would not unlock the car door but after using the other remote to get in it started the car engine and now it works ok.has anyone any idea what went wrong. Also I've noticed that the sat nav screen colour changes when I use  a different remote ?.
[/quote] the battery is probably loosing its charge quicker , I use one key for me and the wife uses the spare when she borrows my car, which is far too often in the summer.
If you use the memory options on the seats and mirrors either Memory 1 / memory 2 it also saves satnav settings, radio settings, climate control settings too, to reset you have to get the settings you like, then press Memory button on the drivers seat then #1 then memory button #2  this saves your settings to both keys. Repeat with both keys. ( I've probably made that sound over complicated.) each key remembers the settings last used for that key when the door is locked with that fob. So if the wife's been out in mine and had the radio on a certain channel and the seat way forward, the climate on menapause settings ! Etc, when I unlock with my key, the seat moves to my position the audio goes on to iPad, the climate will be my setting, mirrors set to my position, sat nav to split screen etc
Last edited by Horizon on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

sapper

Re: remote control ( key )

Post by sapper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Thanks Horizon,
Both keys seem to be working ok now except that the satnav background colour is different for each key.