Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth and iPhone 4s problem

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
GarryR

Post by GarryR » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 pm

I have an X1 2.0D Xdrive with factory fitted bluetooth via BMW Professional Stereo.The car was registered March 2011.All the my problems started when I got myself an iPhone 4S using iOS 5 (Previously I was using an iPhone 4 using iOS 4 without any problems).I can pair the phone and all works well.I can answer calls and see who's calling etc,but every now and again when the phone rings the bluetooth in the car won't let me answer the phone,and the phone doesn't then let me select the car option on the phone.The only way to cure the problem is then to switch the car off and restart or to re-pair the phone to car from scratch.Ive checked compatibility on BMWs website and it says it should be compatible.If I enter my VIN number and software number on their site it says that my "software does not exist".Can anyone shed any light on my problem as its now driving me nuts.

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Sorry to hear your having problems :-( as there are many users on here that have the 4s with no issues including me. Can I ask if you have cleared all paired phones before re-pairing your 4's? I can't guarantee it will work but clearing the decks might help?

Penny
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bluetooth and iPhone 4s problem

Post by X5Sport » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 am

I'm having issues with an iPhone 4 and IOS5.01 on my X6. I had a chat with the Dealer last week when the winter wheels were being fitted and hey did tell me that there are some problems with IOS5, but not with every car it seems. On the X6 I lose control of the phone via Bluetooth even though it it still connected? I have to re-connect it via the configure device in the iDrive. BMW are expected to release some form of vehicle firmware patch soon. The issues are worse with the 4S as the Dealer immediately asked me which version I had and implies they do know of a 'number of problems'. Our new Mini also has issues with IOS5, but different ones to the X6.

Even though Apple and BMW have a 'cozy' relationship, it seems that BMW don't get much preview of the new OS versions and so are often behind the curve - along with everyone else.

They didn't give me a date for the patch release, but it may be a case of going to your Dealer and see if they'll patch yours, or at least upgrade to the latest available.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.