Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Charger to fit the front power socket?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
threeshoes

Charger to fit the front power socket?

Post by threeshoes » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm not having much luck.  I'm looking for a charger to fit in the front power socket, behind the auto gearlever, without engaging or scuffing the plinth around the lever.  My Griffin TuneFlex will not fit, unfortunately, as the power plug is too long.  But then so are all the others that I've looked at over the last few days.

What does anyone else use with the auto X1?

Chris
F25 X3 xDrive20d xLine, Navigation Professional, Pan roof, Deep Sea Blue and black dakota leather, adaptive LED headlights, reversing camera etc . . .

threeshoes

Re: Charger to fit the front power socket?

Post by threeshoes » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Well, I'll reply to myself:  I have found that I can use my TuneFlex, a plug with a semi-rigid arm to hold my iPhone4.  I have to protect the gear change surround with a cloth to avoid scratching etc . . . but it works fine.

Chris
F25 X3 xDrive20d xLine, Navigation Professional, Pan roof, Deep Sea Blue and black dakota leather, adaptive LED headlights, reversing camera etc . . .

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Are there no USB ports in the X1?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

threeshoes

Post by threeshoes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 am

Not in mine, malheureusement.  It was specified by a lady who did not understand the finer points of connectivity.  I'm investigating the possibility of retrofitting something, but I still need a mount for my iPhone to provide a GPS display.  I don't have fitted satnav, and my iPhone does an excellent job anyway, but it has to be mounted, elegantly in my view when driving.

The current solution will do; I normally use a map, anyway.  I don't trust navigation systems, in aircraft or in cars; they always need a person to check their output . . .

Chris