Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X1 Potential Purchase

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
mattchubb1

Re: X1 Potential Purchase

Post by mattchubb1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm

interesting thread :)

We currently have our own X3, which we will be selling soon, and I'll be taking up the comapny car option... of which this is my wifes current choice of car. 

we would be looking at a 18d m sport.... as she likes the looks of these.  Unfortunately today the guy who delivered one for a test drive has had to go back with it - as stone chipped the windscreen just as he got of the motorway!  i must admit the car looked really nice from the outside... dark black with big gleaming alloys... however i felt a little disappointed when I looked inside.  I just felt it could do with being a bit more upto date inside... i think im only really saying this - as I've had a new a class for the weekend - with a full colour display as standard in the middle of the dash... and getting into the X1 - it didnt have any large screen... and just had the amber display on the radio....  inside the quality felt good and i loved the feel of the steering wheel and what looked to be a short throw on the gearstick...

hopefully they will be able to deliver another X1 soon so that I can try it out... so looking forward to seeing how it drives and feels....

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 pm

What did you think of A class? It seems to be getting mixed reviews in the press

May consider the AMG one in a couple of years when mrs is bored of her current one

I reckon a tick every box car will only be high 40s
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

sramsay

Post by sramsay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:17 pm

I agree, it does seem a bit tight for a BMW not to have any sort of screen albeit with limited functionality for the money. Here's a photo of my wife's X1 20d xLine with satnav professional.

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:49 pm

[quote="sramsay"]
I agree, it does seem a bit tight for a BMW not to have any sort of screen albeit with limited functionality for the money. Here's a photo of my wife's X1 20d xLine with satnav professional.
[/quote]

Agree here too. Hence why new 1&3ers now have basic iDrive set up with colour screen. X1 still has another 3 years until new model so some form of Nav set up is the only way to go  ::)
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

As 535dboy pointed out earlier the f30 is a smart looking car and with xDrive available and with the 20d set up, all make for a storng option as opposed to the X1. Just a thought.
Current
Previous

mattchubb1

Post by mattchubb1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm

[quote="535dboy"]
What did you think of A class? It seems to be getting mixed reviews in the press

May consider the AMG one in a couple of years when mrs is bored of her current one

[/quote]

Well after watching the reviews etc... I had some reservations.. they say the ride is harsh... yes it is "sporty" but its really agile and direct!  They said the auto box can take its time to find gears..... but i found it had quick changes....admitidly it did feel like it could have engaged a bit quicker once or twice but not really a problem. Inside its got a real quality feel, and the seats are very supportive.  The boot size was ok... fitted the essentials... overall VERY impressed

had quite a few glances as well when driving it

x1 arrives tomorrow for test drive - 1.8d m sport... so will see how the wife finds it... appreciate your comments about the sat nav screens... :)

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 pm

[quote="mattchubb1"]
[quote="535dboy"]

[/quote]

Well after watching the reviews etc... I had some reservations.. they say the ride is harsh... yes it is "sporty" but its really agile and direct!  They said the auto box can take its time to find gears..... but i found it had quick changes....admitidly it did feel like it could have engaged a bit quicker once or twice but not really a problem. Inside its got a real quality feel, and the seats are very supportive.  The boot size was ok... fitted the essentials... overall VERY impressed

had quite a few glances as well when driving it

x1 arrives tomorrow for test drive - 1.8d m sport... so will see how the wife finds it... appreciate your comments about the sat nav screens... :)
[/quote]

Have to say, really liked the look of the new A-class when it launched at the FoS last summer. Great looking car and nice interior. However somewhat disappointed when seen in the showroom. Maybe this along with the dis-interested saleman sent us away pretty quickly.
Last edited by Chompers on Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current
Previous