Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Warning Message on dash:STOP! Oil pressure low !

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
tubs

Warning Message on dash:STOP! Oil pressure low !

Post by tubs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Well was something like that, started the car it came on then switched it off then started it again and it and no message, any advice because I got a fright and hope its nothing too serious eventhough it sounds like it !!

Cheers

tubs

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Warning Message on dash:STOP! Oil pressure low !

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Tubs,

Have you had a chance t check oil levels too? Weren't going round a corner on rails at the time of the message were you!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

tubs

Post by tubs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Sanj,

Was parked on a slope when I started the car, going to check oil levels in the Morning

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 pm

That'll probably be it mate - but check oil level...
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:17 am

Was the engine cold when you started it? It could have been a combination of the oil being cold (less viscous) and being on the slope. Check the oil level and also check for any leaks under the car. Hopefully it is nothing.

I can't remember if the Oil pump is Mechanical or Electrical but I imagine the pressure sensor is along the lines after this.

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black