Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Why do people do that!!

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
ITBarbie

Why do people do that!!

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Ho

Only Been back from holiday 2 days and just paid out to have my alloys fixed as him in doors decided to let my car kiss the kerb and have just come out of the DIY store to find some "merchant banker" has scraped my corner bumper!!! I'm so mad just had to post :-(
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Why do people do that!!

Post by Sanj » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi ITBarbie,

Sorry to hear that - my biggest concerns when I park in a public car park. No note I suppose. Is it a flesh wound? Can it be polished out? Hope so...

Coming to the meet this time?
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Grrr, nasty stuff. That will be £250 if done by the dealer. Parking sensors not touched I hope?
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:47 pm

And I thought Mr ITBarbie was banned from the car after the "bird dropping" incident ... ;)

911 50th anniversary -

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi

Well I've now done a clean up to assess damage any it's down the plastic and peeling. Lucky enough no damage to sensors. The cars still on tick and mr itbarbie sponsors me a quater of the payments so I can't really not let him near it. Also just noticed a slight noise like somethings loose on drivers side so went under the car and everything looks fine however after checking nearside notices lots of grease on what I think is CV joint " hey what do I know" and now worried. Nothing to do with bumper incident as been there for two days. It failed it's MOT about 8 weeks ago due to offside CV gaitor split and worried other side now on the blink!!! Oh how frustrating. What's that about deep pockets
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

squeaky2

Post by squeaky2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi ITBarbie.

Sorry to hear about the scrape...........living in london ive kinda resigned myself to the scratches and scrapes.

With regards to the CV joint gators.........It would normally be right to replace both at the same time so i would be surprised if the other side wasnt replaced. You may find that with the lack of rain that any left over grease is just flying off and sticking around. Is easy enough to check.......just put the car on full lock and have a little poke around on the gator.

Hope its nothing too serious and good luck

Steve

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi Penny,
Glad to see your back on board and sorry for the problems.
Will you be able to make the Oct 2 meet? will be good to see the original faces again.
Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Penny, glad you found us but sorry about the bumper bash, I get really worked up when people do that - sometimes, in supermarkets and shopping car parks, I think its vindictive because its a big 4x4 and the little Green Man pops out to vent against the car.......

Sounds like MrITBarbie could do with some driving lessons :) perhaps offer him some as a Xmas pressie :) and hint at a nice new set of refurbs or new alloys for the X. .....my other half, luckily, has a Blue Badge, so always looks for disabled badge holder spaces in car parks when we are together which means that bashes and scrapes are less likely but its one of the hazards of driving any car anywhere these days, unless the butler / chauffeur stays with it to look after it :) I usually take a smaller car on the supermarket run if I'm on my own, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have more than one car to choose from!
Wish I could join up at a meet sometime with my box of unfitted tricks for the boys to help me out with.....still have those rear screens / dvd players, the Advanced TV in motion cable and an AV cable (forgotten where I stored them now!!) and a Resler that I bought from a chap who sold his X, but have never used it or even downloaded Navcoder, let alone know how to mess with the coding and stuff.......lots to play with and so little time!!!!!! :)
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:45 pm

[quote=""ITBarbie""]Hi

Well I've now done a clean up to assess damage any it's down the plastic and peeling. Lucky enough no damage to sensors. The cars still on tick and mr itbarbie sponsors me a quater of the payments so I can't really not let him near it. Also just noticed a slight noise like somethings loose on drivers side so went under the car and everything looks fine however after checking nearside notices lots of grease on what I think is CV joint " hey what do I know" and now worried. Nothing to do with bumper incident as been there for two days. It failed it's MOT about 8 weeks ago due to offside CV gaitor split and worried other side now on the blink!!! Oh how frustrating. What's that about deep pockets[/quote]

Hi penny,
sorry to hear of your troubles,as for the cv boot/gaitor check for splits/tears but if there's a lot of grease there i would asume that it's split and needs changing :cry: I changed mine not so long back and did and did the two together.I'm suprized the garage didn't say to do this with the other one.
If there's a lot of grease get it sorted sooner rather than later as the joint will dry out wiyh less grease and good cause the joint itself to fail....(more of your hard earned :roll: )
Hope all is well otherwise and hope to see you at the next meet. :thumbsup:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi Penny, sorry to hear about your damage, as you say why do people do that!!!! One of the advantages of having young children is the ability to park in 'Kids' parking zones :) just a shame some 'Blue' badge owners thick they can park in them aswell :evil: Hope the repairs get sorted to your satisfaction. By the way Mr ITBarbie should get in contact with Mrs Chompers, sounds like they have plenty in common :roll: Last week she scrapped the door mirror one day and the door handle & door edge the next, all on the same post at work :headbang:
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

Pewters

Post by Pewters » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Bad news Penny :(

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote=""CondorX5""]Hi Penny, glad you found us but sorry about the bumper bash, I get really worked up when people do that - sometimes, in supermarkets and shopping car parks, I think its vindictive because its a big 4x4 and the little Green Man pops out to vent against the car.......

Sounds like MrITBarbie could do with some driving lessons :) perhaps offer him some as a Xmas pressie :) and hint at a nice new set of refurbs or new alloys for the X. .....my other half, luckily, has a Blue Badge, so always looks for disabled badge holder spaces in car parks when we are together which means that bashes and scrapes are less likely but its one of the hazards of driving any car anywhere these days, unless the butler / chauffeur stays with it to look after it :) I usually take a smaller car on the supermarket run if I'm on my own, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have more than one car to choose from!
Wish I could join up at a meet sometime with my box of unfitted tricks for the boys to help me out with.....still have those rear screens / dvd players, the Advanced TV in motion cable and an AV cable (forgotten where I stored them now!!) and a Resler that I bought from a chap who sold his X, but have never used it or even downloaded Navcoder, let alone know how to mess with the coding and stuff.......lots to play with and so little time!!!!!! :)[/quote]

Get down to one of the meets Condor so we can all see that new 4.8 beast of yours and i'm sure there will be plenty of help on offer with the 'unfitted tricks' :thumbsup:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Bring it down Condor and your box of bits! We'll help! Just say the word!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:01 pm

And Sanj, you can do some spray painting on the bumper- right? :D

911 50th anniversary -

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Of course, would be rude not to!