Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fuel injection system error

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Kirtsafc

Fuel injection system error

Post by Kirtsafc » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi all,
Newby poster here.
Ive owned a x5 3.0d 2005 for over a year and it has started on the first turn of the key every time....went to start it yesterday and it was just cranking over until i rapidly pressed the gas...5 mins into my journey,i tried to overtake and accellerated hard which caused car to go into limp mode with the fuel injection system warning displayed on dash.
Plugged the c110 scanner in today,and the only error code to display was SS3203AA??...i have cleared code and it started 1st time but im assuming there must be a fault which will return again when i accellerate hard??
Any advice as to what the problem could be will be much appreciated,and thank you all in advance.

marti

Re: Fuel injection system error

Post by marti » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Sounds like a bad injector or the glow plug relay?.....not sure on that code.
Last edited by marti on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirtsafc

Post by Kirtsafc » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks,its possible i may have read error code wrong.
I started it this afternoon and it ran lumpy for 30 seconds,and seemed fine after that but have added some injector cleaner to see if this solves the problem.
The wife did run the fuel down to the fumes previous to this issue so im hoping it has been some sort of temporary blockage

marti

Post by marti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:15 am

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

Kirtsafc

Post by Kirtsafc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Checked service history and it seems last fuel filter change was 60k ago in 2012...car seems to be running ok at present but will change filter very soon