Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear subframe locating dowel

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
svvg

Rear subframe locating dowel

Post by svvg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi - I’ve posted on xoutpost too - but grateful for some help. I’m replacing the rear subframe bushes - got the first one out, but in the process of sliding the bushing tool ontop of it, it pushed the locating dowel with the screw threads which the long bolt screws into up into the base of the car. The bolt will still go tight into it without turning - but am obviously worried that I’ve caused a big problem - and that it could spin/drop out with the weight of the car on it. There doesn’t appear to be any way to get to it other than cutting through from the boot floor...

Any thoughts????

Many thanks!!!

(Ps - how do I post pictures post-photobucket?!)

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Rear subframe locating dowel

Post by henrym3 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:58 pm

The easiest way for pics is to get the "tapatalk" app on your phone then select the forum you want, you’ll be familiar with the layout once you open the app. Any pics you take there is an easy to follow guide on the app as to how to upload. I can assure you if I can do it, anyone can
100% you won’t have to chop the floor
E53 X5 4.6is, Carbon Black, LPG, Paddle Shift, Dynavin N6, Lowered, 22"Wheels, Side Bars. Perfusion Exhaust
E30 M3 Black, S50B32 Engine, 6 Speed Box, Ireland Engineering ARBs & Big Brake Conversion, Lowered, 18"LMs, CF CAI, CF Splitter & Barge Board, ZM3 Quad Exhaust.
VW R32 Gone

svvg

Post by svvg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks - I think I may have panicked too early as the other side was the same - i.e. locating dowel on the front9 bush only....

svvg

Post by svvg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Okeydokes:

Rear mounting point looks like this...

Front mounting point looks like this...

I think it’s OK...(!!!) - and that only the front has the locating pin/dowel??