Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

rear washer pump dead

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Ryoken

rear washer pump dead

Post by Ryoken » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:46 am

I cant remember if ive posted this before , but ,
the pump for the rear wiper fluid has stopped working , all the others work ok but there is nothing happening with this one , ive plugged another 2 pumps to test and these don't work either, , I think there is a fuse in the boot , 81 I think , checked that and its ok , is there a relay for this, or is ther anything else I could look out for ???

Cheers
Steve

marti

Re: rear washer pump dead

Post by marti » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 am

Possible the other two pumps are not working,Swap the pipes and electrical plugs over and check if the problem has changed to the front washers, pumps are the same.

Ryoken

Re: rear washer pump dead

Post by Ryoken » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:21 pm

removed all pumps ,tested each outside washer bottle , I have 2 light pumps and 4 screen pumps , 5 out of the 6 worked , I threw the broke one the floor , then went for a wee, my mam then came out with my coffee and picked it up and put it in with the rest , so I had to retest, then all 6 worked.
so the moral of the story is get your mam to help :)
seriously though I think it might have had a bit of muck in or it was partially seized