Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Slight Vibration

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
A Blair

Slight Vibration

Post by A Blair » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Had the car a while now and still impressed when I take it out and just lately the trip from Antwerp (50c/L) to Aberdeen (52.7p/L) belongs to this sort of car. Cruising at 75mph gives 27mpg on petrol but considerably more on LPG.
So Antwerp to zeebrugge went quite smooth. There has always been a slight vibration on the steering wheel and more so when braking. Nothing I could fathom out. Suspension has been gradually replaced including rear subframe bushes. The trip from Hull to Aberdeen was a little more eventful. The front passenger wheel bearing made itself known and became worse approaching Aberdeen. Made a few phone calls including Premier who never returned my call. The bloke around the corner from where my partner works, D Mullin Motors took it in and changed the wheel bearing for £190.00p. Bloke did a good job. Really happy to recommend him.
That slight vibration during driving and more so when braking has gone. Completely Disappeared. The car is beautifully quite and ready for the next 117k miles.