Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PDC - wont turn off

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
MarkX50

PDC - wont turn off

Post by MarkX50 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:46 am

Hey guys. Being Xmas I actually have spare time so have been trying to sort some niggles and the one that is proving to be a problem is my PDC. All the sensors work (no fault codes, all click) but after I have reversed the beep keeps on and I have to manually press the PDC to deactivate when driving forward. Any suggestions?

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: PDC - wont turn off

Post by henrym3 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Not sure which x you have but my experience with e53 is that most problems are solved by cleaning and spraying the sensor plugs and checking the wiring looms close to the sensors, especially if a bumper has been recently removed. Clips break and looms fall down and contact the exhaust/rub through on chassis. Yes, a complete pain to do, before doing any of that though get a decent scanner on it which will probably isolate the sensor causing the problem. You’ll get a decent code reader for less than one visit to a dealer.

Greydog

Post by Greydog » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:51 am

Not totally sure if there is a problem here as with my E53 when I select reverse the PDC is activated, when approaching an obstacle they beep no obstacle no beep. If I move into drive the PDC remains active for about 30 secs and if there is any thing in front beeps if not and I am driving as said it turns off after about 30 secs.

Unless the post is saying that the PDC remains active all the time driving or parking, in which case I would suspect the PDC unit in the boot? Maybe water ingress?

Dave

MarkX50

Post by MarkX50 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Thanks guys. Useful comments. Think I need to strip and clean them all and see how I get on... good news is all work with no fault codes... silver lining I guess 👍