Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PDC unusual fault

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
V83500

PDC unusual fault

Post by V83500 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi

I new to forum and looking for advice. I have an E53 x5 and have a problem. I have only owned the car for a couple of months and am rectifying faults as I go. The pdc didn't work at all I replaced all 8 sensors Nothing!! Found water damage on ecu, replaced Nothing!!! Found a trapped/crushed wire behind front bumper and hey presto they work perfect front and rear. Here comes the problem with ignition on engine off they work perfect, start engine and middle 2 front sensors detect something 10cm in front of vehicle I have checked this with OBD and no faults show I can only think some sort of interference. Anyone got any ideas
Thanks in advance
Phil

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: PDC unusual fault

Post by X5Sport » Thu May 28, 2020 7:00 pm

Hello and :hi:

I’ve had a look at newtis.info (copy of the service manual on line) and it mentions an issue with the front licence plate holder on US versions. Have you got anything different about your front number plate mount or plate?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

V83500

Re: PDC unusual fault

Post by V83500 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 am

Hi
Yes I've seen that 2 but mine is standard and also the fault and I have checked this with OBD is only there when the engine is running with just ignition on its clear. My lad has suggested putting ferrite filters on the wires just before they enter the ecu to block out any unwanted signals. I've just ordered some and will give it a try and let the forum know if it makes any difference