Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Yet another light .... “selflevel susp. inact”

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
MarkX50

Yet another light .... “selflevel susp. inact”

Post by MarkX50 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:15 pm

So I’ve just had another “happy” light..... from a google search doesn’t seem like too much of a worry but I’d appreciate any direct experience. Just spent a fortune last week and I have a good few weeks of travel planned and could really do with the car!

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Yet another light .... “selflevel susp. inact”

Post by Raj » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Ideally need to get it plugged in to see but could be anything from one of the sensors playing up to pump failing or anything. If you can't hear the pump constantly going and the level is correct and drives fine then shouldn't be anything too much to worry about. Could even be the battery as that tends to throw up all sorts of random errors too.

Try just switching her off and back on and see.

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:25 am

I don't hear the pump running all the time but the level is correct.
Hear it now and again if i park on un-level ground and get out it run's.
But if it looks level and the right height it could be a dirty contact on a sensor get it plugged in and scanned as said.

MarkX50

Post by MarkX50 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:52 pm

So it turns out it’s the left 01 ride level sensor. interestingly for quite some time i have had a vibration through the seat at about 60/70, then occasionally via the steering wheel when breaking and I’m wondering it it could be related? I thought it was the wheel balancing or tyres but I have them looked at by two places who both say the tyres are fine. I still think it could be them, but don’t want to spend all that money on new rubber if it’s not the issue!!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:34 pm

Worth checking the wheel temp after a journey too. If that wheel is warmer than its opposite side that may indicate a brake issue. Sticky callipers can show up as occasional vibration, and under braking too. It shouldn’t trigger a level warning, but those other symptoms could be cause by stickiness.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.