Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What is the Code ?

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
briankerrys47

What is the Code ?

Post by briankerrys47 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 pm

Last Friday charge battery (car parked up 24/12/20) started ok be it NS/Side light also rear one was dim but not turned on for lights however eventually lights went off .
Today went to car ,had to put on charge (battery 4 years old ) question when dash lights up it asks for CODE I can central lock and set alarm any guidance please

briankerrys47

Re: What is the Code ?

Post by briankerrys47 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Update 2 hours battery charged , now have on screen a shot to input code ! Also choice to change deactivate but have to wait 9.1/2 minutes any thoughts before I deactivate !!!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:30 pm

On my E53 I thought this was a one-time code (4-digit) entered by the owner before locking the car and it needed to be reentered to unlock everything again. It only ever came up if manually selected from the Nav head unit. No idea why you’ve got it with a flat battery.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

briankerrys47

Post by briankerrys47 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:28 pm

Thank you Richard panic over went back to car ,key in on 1 screen tells me wait 10 min which I did thinking I will deactivate!when time was up screen blank but I started the car :o :o :o :o last time it happened was 6 years back but my local mech was handy and sorted it then .