Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X5 goes multi-lingual when Speed cam warning switched off!

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Darnicmax

Post by Darnicmax » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Just wondered if anyone else has this (or indeed has noticed this) odd little quirk with X5 Sat Nav.... :D

I'm running SAT NAV v32.1 system - which displays as SW 4-1/01 on the screen when you select the config menu.

When you switch the speed camera option to OFF on the config menu.....the display on the dashboard changes to French. Going back into the speed camera on/off option again, there is an option to change the language (in fact its a 'blank box' next to the speed camera on/off option). Selecting GBR from this option changes the language back to English - but reactivates the speed camera warning. You are then into a catch 22.... :headbang:

This is of course not a major issue....but I am trying to figure out why.

The only reason I dabled with it in the first place is because the fixed cameras in the area where I live have been turned off...so wanted to change my warning to off just for the local area.

Its probably me doing something daft here...so I wait to be suitably advised!!! Meanwhile, preparing the X5 for a day out driving the Brecon Beacons tomorrow ! :driving:

Thanks

Darren

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi

Yes I'm afraid it's an issue with the non OEM Nav upgrades. The only walkaround I know of is to either keep the alerts on or use a Resler interface with Navcoder to change the default language to English sorry :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

Darnicmax

Re: X5 goes multi-lingual when Speed cam warning switched of

Post by Darnicmax » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi ITBarbie
Thank-you for the info.....you've saved me hours trying to figure it out! Really appreciated.
I'll just leave it on....as hearing warnings for non-existant cameras is far better than looking at a dashboard displayed in French!

Darren