Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CV Boots and rear bush......

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
dwgwyther

CV Boots and rear bush......

Post by dwgwyther » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi all just had to have both my front CV boots replaced as they were both split and also N/S rear bushes as the camber was seriously bad on that wheel (tyre needed replacing) The missus had to take it in as I have to come back to the sunny desert.... Anyway the garage looked after her, and a loan car. The garage is Motorcentre LTD in Stafford the boss is a chap called Gary very helpful :thumbsup: . Anyway a couple of days later the wife informed me that the dreaded 'Suspension inactive' came up which was worrying as they had already changed the 2 front legs a 3 months earlier, anyway she dropped it into the garage and they had it overnight as the headlight levelling bracket was broken. They ordered this and replaced it free of charge, (may of been damaged when they did the CV boots or is that me being cynical) but full marks to Gary as they dropped it off repaired FOC. Just got the 4 wheel alignment to go now and it should all be sweet again. :thumbsup:
Soon very soon to be  X5 40d  :)

Previous - X5 2004 Le Mans Blue 4.8is

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Re: CV Boots and rear bush......

Post by AW8 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Not sure if thats a positive testimonial or not - but thanks for sharing.

Cant comment on value in abscence of knowing the costs. Also unsure re quality of work if you had message on dash & unknown cause of damage to bracket.

First time I have heard of someone doing the rear subframe bushes on one side - surely best to keep things even both sides.

Thanks for sharing though.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.