Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My `Telephone` option has vanished ! /NOW FIXED/

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Nige

My `Telephone` option has vanished ! /NOW FIXED/

Post by Nige » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Only found the new forum tonight, its good to be back :thumbsup:

Well, this is a weird one. Those from the last forum may remember my long process of getting my Bluetooth to pair, I posted a load of photos of the BT unit and how to pair along the way (it was eventually found to be the lead in the centre console that was loose).

Anyway, it has been working fine for several months, started the car the other week and noticed the phone hadn`t paired. Going into the menu on the computer and there is the usual Computer, Nav etc headings, but none for Telephone, its vanished ! Where before there were 6 headings, now there are 5. :o Pressing the console button or steering wheel button does nothing.

I am going to disconnect the battery, just haven`t had time yet, but has anyone else had this happen, and if so, what did you do to fix it ?

Nige.
Last edited by Nige on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

slieverue

My `Telephone` option has vanished !

Post by slieverue » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Nige

This has happened to me from time to time in the past.

Instead of disconnecting the battery I just pulled the necessary fuse from the panel in the right hand fuse panel in the boot. Not sure what number it is off hand but there should be a guide on the panel.

When you are in there you might find that a fuse is loose and just needs pushed back in.

Give it a go and you should find your phone again.

Cheers

Tony
Current:
57 Reg 3.0D SE Monaco Blue

Previous:
06 Reg 3.0D Le Mans with Pano Roof
56 Reg 3.0D Sport
54 Reg 3.0D Sport

Nige

Re: My `Telephone` option has vanished !

Post by Nige » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 am

[quote=""slieverue""]Nige

This has happened to me from time to time in the past.

Instead of disconnecting the battery I just pulled the necessary fuse from the panel in the right hand fuse panel in the boot. Not sure what number it is off hand but there should be a guide on the panel.

When you are in there you might find that a fuse is loose and just needs pushed back in.

Give it a go and you should find your phone again.

Cheers

Tony[/quote]

Good idea, I`ll try that.

Nige

Re: My `Telephone` option has vanished ! /NOW FIXED/

Post by Nige » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:40 am

Thanks for the suggestion, thats exactly what it was.

Rear fuse panel, Fuse 74, 10A. Replaced the blown fuse and I now have the Phone option again :thumbsup: