Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

flatt battery and error message

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: flatt battery and error message

Post by Smeeagain » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Ok this is now sorted - thanks to all. I came out to the car this monring and everythign was fine and battery fired up without any hesitation. Obvioulsy I will keep an eye on it. I think the warning light was simply due to low voltage - when the AA guy started it, I ran the car for a bit then took it out for blast up the motorway to give it a good run - all this while the engine had never been stopped/restarted and so the light stayed on. I didnt re-start last night or even turn on the ignition and I simply wanted to leave it to see what would happen - all seems ok now

Thanks

Smee

ITBarbie

flatt battery and error message

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi

I'm glad you got it sorted. I've been reading the thread and have not commented as technically I'm a but lacking!

When I was locked out of the car BMW assist got in for me and in doing so he had to mess around with the battery connector at the base of the windscreen where the terminal connectors are ( I don't even know the correct name)! When I turned the car back on it also has the transfail safe message on but as I've read so much about the unusual messages disconnecting the battery can cause I left it and when I got back in the second time no error messages and it's been fine since :-)

Happy driving

Penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a