Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I S is dead

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
bullethead

I S is dead

Post by bullethead » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Had a series of strange electrical gremlins over the last couple of weeks and today she's dead.
Havent used the monster since Friday before last and today everything is dead. Thought at first the key had gone flat but no nothing not a sausage and to top it all off I can't get at the battery cos I've got a 1000 poxey phone directories in the boot so I cant even get at the emergency boot release... :headbang:

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Re: I S is dead

Post by AW8 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:43 pm

I guess its a case of opening drivers door by key, climbing into back to remove directories, then accessing emergency boot release, unloading the boot then geting to the battery............Of course you knew that - P.I.T.A. but at least your not locked out !
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Just thought i'd share in case anyone was wondering, Yes you can charge the battery from the jump start terminals under the bonnet.
And all my electrical gremlins have cleared themselves for now, New battery en route.

gmc15

Post by gmc15 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:08 pm

[quote=""bullethead""]Just thought i'd share in case anyone was wondering, Yes you can charge the battery from the jump start terminals under the bonnet.[/quote]

Nice to know :)

Graeme.
x6 M50d