Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mpg getting worse!

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
ITBarbie

Mpg getting worse!

Post by ITBarbie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Me with a loud brash signature never!!!

Well I took it to Jason this morning and it has a lovely low whistle when I boot it!!! Yehah!

Jason said the air flow seems fine and it drives well. I will get it booked in for it's inspection 2 and get the air filter replaced by my father so any suggestions on a recommendation for that appreciated.

I did discuss with him about the holding on to gears and he did pick this up and has completed a software reset/upgrade not sure which. He suggested that I get the transmission fluid changed whilst it's in the stealers.

He also programmed my key so it chirps on locking.

Thanks Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Mpg getting worse!

Post by pvr » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Nice result :thumbsup:
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

bigshout

Post by bigshout » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Software upgrade takes about 40 minutes to carry out, so if it took this long then you know it was upgraded.

[quote=""ITBarbie""]Me with a loud brash signature never!!!

Well I took it to Jason this morning and it has a lovely low whistle when I boot it!!! Yehah!

Jason said the air flow seems fine and it drives well. I will get it booked in for it's inspection 2 and get the air filter replaced by my father so any suggestions on a recommendation for that appreciated.

I did discuss with him about the holding on to gears and he did pick this up and has completed a software reset/upgrade not sure which. He suggested that I get the transmission fluid changed whilst it's in the stealers.

He also programmed my key so it chirps on locking.

Thanks Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:48 pm

No way - they had a smoke, did a Chuckle Bros sketch, had a smoke, told you they worked hard, had another smoke - Jason pretended to talk to you, while he was actually talking to someone ELSE on his bluetooth!!! That's 40 mins! :rofl:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Penny, I believe stealers are most reluctant and some refuse, to change transmission fluid - this is supposedly "lifelong" and never changed by main dealers although lots of indys have done and do it - loads of info on this on the US site. Will be interesting to hear what response you get when you ask for it to be done..
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

ITBarbie

Mpg getting worse!

Post by ITBarbie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:52 pm

@ Bigshout what would I know about the 40 mins I was too busy shopping in Hounslow town centre. Lol

@ Sanj you're right about the Bluetooth he does get lots of calls. As for the dancing and frivolity they seemed to do this after I paid. No seriously he's a sound guy. I even got a lift of him into the town centre. Doh so that was why...... He wanted me out the way of course :-)

@ Condor you're right about the oil. I read everything that AW8 said about this and it will be interesting to see what they say. I don't fancy signing a disclaimer and of course you get som who say don't bother changing it over 70k and mines on
71k.

Be interesting to see what fuel economy is like now.

MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:06 am

hi penny

we did a remap on you car and i reset your gear box adaption for you to try 1st

i did advise you to get the transfer box oil changed as it due

whats it like on mpg now?
PERFORMANCE TUNING REMAPS,DIAGNOSTICS,SERVICE & REPAIRS
TUNING DEALERS ACROSS THE UK
DYNO DYNAMICS ROLLING ROAD
http://www.bwchiptune.co.uk
http://www.bwautorepairs.co.uk

ITBarbie

Mpg getting worse!

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 am

Hi

Went our this morning and it's returning 26.1 on consumption 1, 27.9 on consumption 2 with an average speed of 38. There is an improvement :-)

Cars booked in to stealers on Monday for service. They reckoned there's is no inspection 2 just a more in-depth inspection1. Mmmmm

Anyway they say they will change furl filter, air filter and hose clamp (?). As well as engine oil change.

I feel like a real blonde and a bit out of my depth on this so I'm going to have to trust them.

I asked about trans box oil and she said they can do it and it's about £40. Can't be right surely?

Penny

MODS