Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fixing Little Niggles

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Pete

Fixing Little Niggles

Post by Pete » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:17 am

Wasn't so sure which section to post this but I've had the X5 a couple of months now and now I've saved up some more money I want to get it in perfect condition. I have the irritating problem with the parking sensors going off and the mesh grilles have also been broken with stones at some point.

I was wondering if anyone has the details of a reliable seller for the parking sensors and wanted opinion on whether to get OEM grilles or change to a sturdier aftermarket metal type. As it's a bumper off job for both I'm going to take it to the garage to get it done, I wouldn't imagine it's more than 60 - 90 mins of a job for them.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Fixing Little Niggles

Post by Raj » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I replaced my grilles and a sensor too on my front bumper just after I bought it. Tbh, I just went with the oe grilles. Getting the bumper off isn't too hard really.

I did mine myself and only took about 45 minutes.

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Fixing Little Niggles

Post by x555 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Pete there is a how too on this that i did when i changed my grilles and pdc sensors.It's not a hard job to do just be carefull of the trim pieces when removing them.
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK