Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Satnav day/night mode??

How-To articles go here.
marsie

Satnav day/night mode??

Post by marsie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 pm

I recently drove my new X5 at night for the first time and found the satnav very bright. After a bit of fiddling i found the settings with night mode
I selected night mode and it was much better in the dark but it is now in the darker "night" setting all the time day or night.

Is there a setting hidden somewhere to have the day/night mode automatic when the lights are on (like my landrover did) or is it a case of manually selecting day or night mode

Thanks
Paul

snrbrtsn

Re: Satnav day/night mode??

Post by snrbrtsn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm

You can dial in the shortcut menus (1-8) to select day or night

I have number 8 as a shortcut key to switch between day and night mode, number 7 does surround sound
Realistically the only two buttons I frequently use

Otherwise it’s a fiddle through idrive menu, though I’m sure it switches between modes if lights are set to Auto (I could be wrong, last car did)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Auto day/night switching not on E53 or E70/71 despite VW having it since the 1990’s.  I wondered if there was a Patent on it somewhere.

I hadn’t thought about coding it into one of the ‘quick keys’  :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Sit

Post by Sit » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Mines coded to ‘magic’ button 8, press once for night mode, press again for day mode -  :winkg:

Si
2010 X5 30d M Sport Carbon Black | Camel Leather, 20's | HUD | Shadowline | Privacy | CIC iDrive | Adaptive Drive | Pro Nav | Loudspeaker Audio | High Beam Assist | Enhanced Bluetooth | Media Pack | Bum Warmers!

snrbrtsn

Post by snrbrtsn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Think it’ll be easier to follow the video as opposed to me blathering  :))
Works irrespective of model
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PScSSoVNmlA