Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

satnav died - where's the front fusebox?

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
RoganJosh

Re: satnav died - where's the front fusebox?

Post by RoganJosh » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:24 am

Yes to both - disc won't eject and nav screen asking for disc to be inserted - I had the car in the dealers late november as my warranty was about to expire, so when I set out on the road trip my initial reaction was that the engineer had (inadvertantly) removed the disc.

So I'll need to take it in to the dealers for a replacement - I'll see if I can gather a few problems together to justify the 100 excess on the extended warranty. I'll report back with any amusing dealer anecdotes. :poke:

Thanks for everyones' help.
:thumbsup:

ChewingBacca

Post by ChewingBacca » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:58 pm

If checking the fuse is out of the question how about removing the nav DVD unit and putting a test across the power supply plug. This should be easy and will tell you if its the fuse or not.

You can check the connectors while you are in there also.

RoganJosh

Post by RoganJosh » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:37 pm

The car's booked in for the DVD sat nav replacement, the service manager was familiar with the failure. I also had a burst windscreen wash pipe somewhere in the car - so that's to be replaced too.
Will report back after the car is returned.
:thumbsup: / :thumbsdown: