Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Transfer box problems; a known issue? (I'm having a nightmare!)

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
aruek

Re: Transfer box problems; a known issue? (I'm having a nightmare!)

Post by aruek » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Thank you!. No staggered, same size as stock. Maximum tread deep difference between axles is 1.5 mm. I will swap them out to get max difference dow to 0.75 mm.  I tested doing some circles at full steering both ways and meanwhile it was circling it didn't did anything no noise no judder no nothing under accelerator or not. It has a sound when weight transfer during slow cornering or getting over a bump with one wheel only (either wheel). Maybe something is loose at the sway bar.  Is that common?  Car is 44,000kms old.[quote="X5Sport"]
Uneven wear can be caused by suspension alignment issues, incorrect tyre pressures, driving style, or always going round roundabouts.

Ideally all 4 tyres should be changed as a set, and you should use ‘*’ marked tyres as recorded on multiple threads on the Forum.

The only way to tell if you have a problem is jerkiness at slow speed on full lock, or unusual noises in the transmission.

Don’t mix sets from different manufacturers.  Only use the sizes and ratings shown on the tyre pressure plate inside the driver’s door opening.

You haven’t said whether you have a staggered wheelset - front and rear wheel hubs are different widths - or all four are the same.
[/quote]

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk